DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sunnylife DJI RC Hood

cah

Reactions
My DJI RC hood arrived from AliExpress today, so I went out to give it a test.
Verdict ... it's better, but not great. The sun/glare still is pretty annoying.

IMG_1357-P40.jpg IMG_1358-P40.jpg IMG_1359-P40.jpg IMG_1360-P40.jpg

On the plus side it's made of soft TPU and doesn't get in the way of the controls. I was concerned, but once I was out flying I didn't notice it restricting my control input or causing me to hold the RC in an unnatural way. You can also leave it on the remote when you put it in the bag, just squash it to the screen which I like.

On the down side, it only really does an okay job of shielding the very top of the screen. It does mean you can see the battery indicator more easily, but it wasn't game-changing.

IMG_1361-P40.jpg IMG_1362-P40.jpg IMG_1364-P40.jpg IMG_1365-P40.jpg IMG_1366-P40.jpg

It didn't help that the sun was mostly overhead/behind me, but that was the direction I wanted to fly, and so with the RC needing careful alignment towards the drone, that's the way it needed to be pointing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Torque
seems that it didnt really solve anything at the end of the day

Reactions: globetrotterdrone
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Torque
To block out bright light you need an enclosed shade like a goggle viewer. But because the controller is so lightweight it's going to be very awkward using anything that adds to the weight. Anti-reflective screen covers are going to reduce reflective glare without the bulk of a cover and would be my preferred solution.

To block out bright light you need an enclosed shade like a goggle viewer. But because the controller is so lightweight it's going to be very awkward using anything that adds to the weight. Anti-reflective screen covers are going to reduce reflective glare without the bulk of a cover and would be my preferred solution.
So far flying with that controller all this current week I have had no problems in seeing the screen have it of full brightness, but the sunny life screen shade looks interesting and if I had problems would probably buy one, cheers Len

Reactions: old man mavic

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo