DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Sunrise at 1,000 Feet!

Gadget Inspector

Reactions
It has been reported that DJI will or has stopped production of the Mavic 2 Pro due to the impending release of the Mavic 3. At this point I think I’ll hang on to mine; it’s still an amazing bird.

I used auto settings for the most part since the drone was just hovering with white balance set to sunny. 4K 24fps in HQ, DLOG-M.

Last edited:
I could kinda tell where it would be based on where the light was more concentrated on the horizon. That’s a good question too cause I hadn’t thought about that prior to doing it, but it was pretty easy.

Reactions: Kentucky Ranger
It has been reported that DJI will or has stopped production of the Mavic 2 Pro due to the impending release of the Mavic 3. At this point I think I’ll hang on to mine; it’s still an amazing bird.
Hi Gadget Inspector,
I really liked your video! Your comments, of course, too! Even if the pictures are not necessarily top, they fit well to the said! Well, without the sun we humans would be really screwed... Not true, we would not exist at all! Thanks sun, keep up the good work
cheers Paul

Reactions: Gadget Inspector
Except for nuclear power, ALL energy on earth ultimately comes from the sun. Hydroelectric, wind, oil and derived products, coal and all combustibles it’s a very long list. Flying in an aircraft at 35,000 feet is possible because of the solar energy captured in the JP4 fuel. Photons bombarding earth is our daily refill. Our drones fly on solar power! Here in California we have destroyed our nuclear power capability so our entire grid is now “solar powered”.
Nice video of the start of another day of photon delivery to an energy hungry earth.

Awesome, thanks for sharing!

Thank you and really special. Just imagine what the colors up there would have been like had you used the manual camera settings. In auto, all that darkness in the lower half of the frame forces the aperture to open up and blows out the rich colors of the sun and the sky. Regardless, it looked great!

Last edited:
Thank you and really special. Just imagine what the colors up there would have been like had you used the manual camera settings. In auto, all that darkness in the lower half of the frame forces the aperture to open up and blows out the rich colors of the sun and the sky. Regardless, it looked great!
Yes...I thought about that after; but, it just gives me a reason to do it again. Maybe throw an ND filter on and lock in at f/11. I'll tinker and maybe do a part 2.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Great work. How did you determine the exact location of the sun to frame it exactly in the middle?
I use an app called Photopills for taking moon rise and set, golden hour, Milky Way ETC shots and videos. Mostly meant as photographic aid, it is also a handy when deciding where to set up your drone. Loads of YouTube videos out there on using the app.

I use an app called Photopills for taking moon rise and set, golden hour, Milky Way ETC shots and videos. Mostly meant as photographic aid, it is also a handy when deciding where to set up your drone. Loads of YouTube videos out there on using the app.
Thanks for sharing that. I’m gonna check it out.

Thanks! I've tried it and just can't get it right. I need more practice!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada