DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sunrise over Mt. Timpanogos

IShouldBeWorking

Reactions
I had an experience many of you can relate to, I'm sure. Saturday morning was my first free day to get out and fly in ages just due to work and weather. So I got up before sunrise and grabbed my gear. I was really disappointed with the sky as I climbed in my truck to head to my chosen spot to fly. It was mostly cloudy with those gray, drab, high clouds covering everything. But I decided to go just because it'd been almost two months since my last trip. As I drove along the highway the sun began to peek over the mountains to the east. And the sky just lit up. I started driving faster and faster. I got to my spot and pulled out my gear. I did my pre flight stuff as fast as I could, watching the sky brighten and brighten. Then, of course, the Mavic wants a compass calibration before it'll take off. So I hurriedly do the compass dance and get in the air. By this point I'm almost out of breath due to the rush. But it was worth it. Here's a bit of video and a still of the sky over Mt. Timpanogos Saturday morning.

IMG_1467.JPG

Shot on Mavic 2 Pro, no ND filter, ISO 100, f4, 1/60th shutter. Edited with Lightroom on the still and DaVinci Resolve on the video clip. And brought to you by the fastest compass dance I've ever done. ?

Last edited:
I really liked your shots, video and still. Getting out there early in the morning requires some motivation but it is often worth it.

Reactions: IShouldBeWorking
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada