DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sunrise - Sunset Hyperlapse

So cool, good job. I'll try to do that.

Sunrise - Sunset Hyperlapse in Taipei

Hi Electroman:

Great film. I would really appreciate your telling us how, exactly, you filmed it., e.g.: type of drone, video/hyperlape mode? Interval time (?2 seconds?). Or camera/multiple shot mode?

Dale

Hi Electroman:

Great film. I would really appreciate your telling us how, exactly, you filmed it., e.g.: type of drone, video/hyperlape mode? Interval time (?2 seconds?). Or camera/multiple shot mode?

Dale

In short, these are my settings.
I’m using Mavic 2 Zoom
Hyperlapse in free mode
2 seconds between shots

1st Sunrise
ISO 100
1/50sec

2nd Sunrise
ISO 100
1/30sec

Then I do the editing as follow:
1. The single photos with Adobe Lightroom and LRTimelapse.
2. Adobe After Effects, there I usually use Wrap Stabilizer and then render the video.
3. Final editing with CyberLink PowerDirector

Hope that helps.

In short, these are my settings.
I’m using Mavic 2 Zoom
Hyperlapse in free mode
2 seconds between shots

1st Sunrise
ISO 100
1/50sec

2nd Sunrise
ISO 100
1/30sec

Then I do the editing as follow:
1. The single photos with Adobe Lightroom and LRTimelapse.
2. Adobe After Effects, there I usually use Wrap Stabilizer and then render the video.
3. Final editing with CyberLink PowerDirector

Hope that helps.

Thanks for that information
I do essentially the same thing but I Hover in place at about 150 feet and all of my clips show a big wobble despite using your same exact method of processing with Premier and After Effects Warp stabilizer
Do you fly to or away from sun or hover????

Last edited:
I do essentially the same thing but I Hover in place at about 150 feet and all of my clips show a big wobble despite using your same exact method of processing with Premier and After Effects Warp stabilizer
I was flying up and away from the sun during sunrise and up and towards the sun during sunset.

I still think there's something amiss with your MA2 Dale.

I just took one this morning.

I'll upload the raw "1080p" copy from the FLY app soon.

I got a high wind warning a couple minutes after taking it, flying same elevation. Tropical Storm Marco made for a beautiful Timelapse this morning, but I stopped it short to get a pano instead.

I still think there's something amiss with your MA2 Dale.

I just took one this morning.

I'll upload the raw "1080p" copy from the FLY app soon.

I got a high wind warning a couple minutes after taking it, flying same elevation. Tropical Storm Marco made for a beautiful Timelapse this morning, but I stopped it short to get a pano instead.
Cody:

I'd like to think you are wrong, Cody, but I am afraid you might be right.The trip to DJI/Grapevine,Texas for a refurb did not help my situation.

For those of you who have followed this ongoing saga of my hyperlapse wobbles, I have just stopped trying to capture hyperlapse sunsets and sunrises from a static position. I try to fly as slowly as I can and still keep the drone in sight. This is very hard for me since I need at least 3 or 4 - 125 image clips, each one taking 2 second shots (125 shots x 2 seconds/shot=250 shots). I find myself losing sight of the drone, I panic, and RTH either by drone or visually. Very frustrating.

• Sad
Reactions: itsneedtokno
Cody:

I'd like to think you are wrong, Cody, but I am afraid you might be right.The trip to DJI/Grapevine,Texas for a refurb did not help my situation.

For those of you who have followed this ongoing saga of my hyperlapse wobbles, I have just stopped trying to capture hyperlapse sunsets and sunrises from a static position. I try to fly as slowly as I can and still keep the drone in sight. This is very hard for me since I need at least 3 or 4 - 125 image clips, each one taking 2 second shots (125 shots x 2 seconds/shot=250 shots). I find myself losing sight of the drone, I panic, and RTH either by drone or visually. Very frustrating.

In my opinion it’s the best if the drone is moving.
I always taking 350 to 450 shots for one Hyperlapse video.
If you fly the drone in the free mode then you can adjust the speed then you can still keep the drone in sight.

In my opinion it’s the best if the drone is moving.
I always taking 350 to 450 shots for one Hyperlapse video.
If you fly the drone in the free mode then you can adjust the speed then you can still keep the drone in sight.
Yes- I tried the free mode, 125 shot sequences at 2 second intervals , repeated and the drone kept in the air as long as there was enough battery (usually about 3 sequences) for 125x3=400 shots. I tried to fly it as slowly towards the setting (or rising) sun as possible in Tripod mode, but it still got out of sight. When I processed it in icy usual way (LRTimelapse5) it showed the usual WOBBLE. Argghhh!!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54