DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sunrise / sunset timelapse settings for Mavic Air

tzeyueny

Reactions
Hi,
Ask you know the light exposure will be change very quickly during the sunrise and sunset time and may I ask your opinion how to set the photo exposure settings from DJI Mavic Air to get the smooth time lapse video?
I try to reset the shutter speed follow the sun exposure but when come to video editing you may see the light is dark in middle of video.
Please share you opinion.

It’s never going to be the same. Cloud cover will have a huge effect as will the time of year. I normally start with an exposure where everything looks clear and well lit, then take it four stops below that.
Make sure that your white balance isn’t set to auto as well.

Reactions: Mrmund
It’s never going to be the same. Cloud cover will have a huge effect as will the time of year. I normally start with an exposure where everything looks clear and well lit, then take it four stops below that.
Make sure that your white balance isn’t set to auto as well.
I’m assuming you are talking about a sunrise time lapse?

There is only one way to do this that I am aware of and that is LRTimelapse, a program that utilizes a series of still images captured at the interval you want, changing the exposure manually when the light changes, and intensive post processing in Lightroom to even out the exposure changes. It works well but requires a lot of skill and work.

The other issue to consider is that the battery will only support a limited time for the exposures to get. made. Will the part of the sunset you want happen during a 20 minute period?

I totally agree with the above post. Shooting a sunrise or a sunset involves changing light conditions, and to do a proper timelapse you would have flicker using Auto. The software developed by Gunther Wegner, LRTimelapse, has the "HOLY GRAIL" technique which has a somewhat moderate learning curve but is well worth the time invested. You also need to purchase the software although I think there is a free version and a trial version. I have been doing this technique since Nov. 2015 and love using it. The software requires Adobe Lightroom. Here is the link. www.LRTimelapse.com

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580