DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Sunset hyperlapse conquered

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
A short 36 second video. I start with a view of the Florida professional baseball stadium for the Miami Marlines with a view of downtown. Then, an amazing panorama of the Miami River and Downtown Miami with Interstate I 95. Lastly, a timelapse of a setting sun.
This contains previously shown footage, but also, after I submitted that footage, I saw it was going to be a great sunset and finally with less clouds on the horizon to obstruct the sun sinking into the horizon. Two hyperlapses at the lend, one of 175 frames (4 seconds video) and one of 500 frames (21 second show) were stabilized beautifully and I managed to finally capture the setting sun with no wobbles. It is a pity that DJI has not supported the telephoto lens with 7 x to make the sun larger in the video mode. If I am mistaken, please let me know!

A short 36 second video. I start with a view of the Florida professional baseball stadium for the Miami Marlines with a view of downtown. Then, an amazing panorama of the Miami River and Downtown Miami with Interstate I 95. Lastly, a timelapse of a setting sun.
This contains previously shown footage, but also, after I submitted that footage, I saw it was going to be a great sunset and finally with less clouds on the horizon to obstruct the sun sinking into the horizon. Two hyperlapses at the lend, one of 175 frames (4 seconds video) and one of 500 frames (21 second show) were stabilized beautifully and I managed to finally capture the setting sun with no wobbles. It is a pity that DJI has not supported the telephoto lens with 7 x to make the sun larger in the video mode. If I am mistaken, please let me know!
I don't see the video dale.

Really nice clips. I like the panos too. Tempted to upgrade from my M2P. Can I ask how you stabilize these?

Really nice clips. I like the panos too. Tempted to upgrade from my M2P. Can I ask how you stabilize these?
Hi Vlaak:

First of all, I have tried for years to get this sunset or sunrise with my Mavic 2 Pro, I was never able to stabilize it properly and I was greatly excited to see good stabilization with the M3 with a friend's M3 that he let me try before I purchased the M3. I was so impressed, it was one of the reasons I got the M3.

Once the clips were color corrected, I dragged the warp stabilization icon into the clip (Adobe Premiere Pro). I mostly used the default settings, but you can play with these for more or less stabilization. All video editing software has some sort of stabilization tool I think, and there are third party stabilization apps that can be purchased.

The panos are all manual. with the M3. I turned on the grid, framed my shot, and then took 3 to 5 images with 30% overlap, click, click etc. I started on the left and moved right, 30% at a time. I uploaded the images into Photoshop. Then selected all (CTRL+A). Then, right click on any photo. A drop down menu appears and you select "merge to panorama." The entire process runs on its own from there. After the image is opened in Photoshop I edited the sky first with masking tool, then the foreground, with masking tool, and then spot edited with the masking tool brush adjusted to the size I wanted to edit.

Feel free to ask follow up questions.

Still not sure I want to sell my M2 Pro.

Look at the May 26th sunrise where I used LRTimelapse+masking tool to gradually lighten the foreground in this short clip

Dale
Miami

Wow man, those are cool, the big 4K screen really makes the show incredible, perfect music too. What is the song, where to get it?

Wow man, those are cool, the big 4K screen really makes the show incredible, perfect music too. What is the song, where to get it?
Thanks Karl. Sorry but I really cannot find where I found that music! I watch ton of videos, including those I receive from favorites travel web sites, and I must have recorded that music clip because I liked the sound. I spend as much time finding music as I do editing the clip. It is one of the most important things for me, because music sets the mood for everything. There is not a single Hollywood favorite that I love that is not because of the music. (e.g.: Schindler's List, Amadeus, etc).

Dale

Hi Vlaak:

First of all, I have tried for years to get this sunset or sunrise with my Mavic 2 Pro, I was never able to stabilize it properly and I was greatly excited to see good stabilization with the M3 with a friend's M3 that he let me try before I purchased the M3. I was so impressed, it was one of the reasons I got the M3.

Once the clips were color corrected, I dragged the warp stabilization icon into the clip (Adobe Premiere Pro). I mostly used the default settings, but you can play with these for more or less stabilization. All video editing software has some sort of stabilization tool I think, and there are third party stabilization apps that can be purchased.

The panos are all manual. with the M3. I turned on the grid, framed my shot, and then took 3 to 5 images with 30% overlap, click, click etc. I started on the left and moved right, 30% at a time. I uploaded the images into Photoshop. Then selected all (CTRL+A). Then, right click on any photo. A drop down menu appears and you select "merge to panorama." The entire process runs on its own from there. After the image is opened in Photoshop I edited the sky first with masking tool, then the foreground, with masking tool, and then spot edited with the masking tool brush adjusted to the size I wanted to edit.

Feel free to ask follow up questions.

Still not sure I want to sell my M2 Pro.

Look at the May 26th sunrise where I used LRTimelapse+masking tool to gradually lighten the foreground in this short clip

Dale
Miami
Really sorry for the late reply. I thought I replied earlier, but I see not. I just wanted to say that I really appreciate you taking the time to explain this. I have noted this down as I think this process would be good even for my M2P. But when I get the M3 I want to do lots more hyperlapses (given the longer battery life).

Really sorry for the late reply. I thought I replied earlier, but I see not. I just wanted to say that I really appreciate you taking the time to explain this. I have noted this down as I think this process would be good even for my M2P. But when I get the M3 I want to do lots more hyperlapses (given the longer battery life).
Happy to help. Any questions, please feel free to write. I did sell the M2P and now just have the M3 which I am very pleased with.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys