DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s Sunset Tonight With Time-lapse and Pictures

Venom X:

It is a gorgeous subject. It was nicely captured. I think the clouds were moving too slowly.

I think the interval was set too slow. The clouds are barely moving. I usually do clouds at around 3-4 seconds. If I want faster movement, I'll go to 5 or 6 second intervals, Secondly, if you processed this time lapse with DNG files in LRTimelapse, you could have used the masking tool to open up the shadows in the foreground which are now completely blocked with no details in the foreground.

Dale

Definitely a pretty night @VenomXts, thanks for sharing!

@Dale D, I would gather most people post their photos/videos on these forums to share their work and unless they specifically state in their post, they are not looking for their post to be criticized or critiqued. If you feel the need to offer suggestions or critique a post, why not do it in a PM rather than in the open forum. The difference is that this is an area where people can showcase their work and they should not have to worry about it being critiqued as this probably discourages some people from sharing their work. There are separate photography specific forums where people can post their photos/videos and have them critiqued by other members but I don't think this is the place for it unless the OP specifically asks for it.

Chris

@Dale D, I would gather most people post their photos/videos on these forums to share their work and unless they specifically state in their post, they are not looking for their post to be criticized or critiqued. If you feel the need to offer suggestions or critique a post, why not do it in a PM rather than in the open forum. The difference is that this is an area where people can showcase their work and they should not have to worry about it being critiqued as this probably discourages some people from sharing their work. There are separate photography specific forums where people can post their photos/videos and have them critiqued by other members but I don't think this is the place for it unless the OP specifically asks for it.

Chris
Sorry

Venom X:

It is a gorgeous subject. It was nicely captured. I think the clouds were moving too slowly.

I think the interval was set too slow. The clouds are barely moving. I usually do clouds at around 3-4 seconds. If I want faster movement, I'll go to 5 or 6 second intervals, Secondly, if you processed this time lapse with DNG files in LRTimelapse, you could have used the masking tool to open up the shadows in the foreground which are now completely blocked with no details in the foreground.

Dale
yah, I was taking every two seconds just sitting there with the timer... then in post after stabilization I actually slowed it down to 75% cause I wanted it a bit longer. As far as any color corrections i have about 6 different LUT's i have liked in the past around sunsets and just lazily used one lol.

The only thing that bugs me is that stutter in the clouds half way through tried a couple different stabilization but just accepted it lol. Let me know if you want the individual images and you can play with it :)

No worries, I don't mind constructive comments as long as people understand everyone's makes art in there own mind. :)

Have appreciated Dales comments in the past, but with that being said I am just one person and yes not everyone would like it lol.

Reactions: Ty Pilot

Chris
No worries, I don't mind constructive comments as long as people understand everyone's makes art in there own mind. :)

Have appreciated Dales comments in the past, but with that being said I am just one person and yes not everyone would like it lol.

Reactions: Chrislaf

I am embarrassed that I offended.

So now I am afraid to comment on anything photographic. Don't want to step on toes. Since this is a learning environment for all of us and I really don't know most of you, it is really not personal and should not be taken personally. I usually try to offer help in my area of expertise, which is Photoshop, Lightroom, Timelapse's.

It is not necessary to send any files. My Timelapse's are done with specialized software www.lrtimelapse.com which uses Lightroom and DNG files which allows me to work on any part of the image using the Adobe masking tools. I'd be happy to answer any questions on this forum or through PM.

Dale

I am embarrassed that I offended.

So now I am afraid to comment on anything photographic. Don't want to step on toes. Since this is a learning environment for all of us and I really don't know most of you, it is really not personal and should not be taken personally. I usually try to offer help in my area of expertise, which is Photoshop, Lightroom, Timelapse's.

It is not necessary to send any files. My Timelapse's are done with specialized software www.lrtimelapse.com which uses Lightroom and DNG files which allows me to work on any part of the image using the Adobe masking tools. I'd be happy to answer any questions on this forum or through PM.

Dale
No need to be embarrassed :) once again I take criticism and help in the same way.

Constructive feedback is usually a positive thing to most people especially from someone who has a specific skill set and tips they can offer. Usually just asking beforehand is all that is needed.

Chris

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ