DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sunshine Skyway Bridge Hyperlapse

RE: Hyperlapse
can you say if you are shooting RAW or JPG, 2 fps or 5 fps? What was your interval?

Greta Clip.......I live in Lake Wales and have wanted to shoot the Sky too....what Drone did you use....where were you standing......what settings did you use.....

Reactions: conchman
Very cool view with the storm clouds. I live in Pinellas and had thought about flying around that area.

RE: Hyperlapse
can you say if you are shooting RAW or JPG, 2 fps or 5 fps? What was your interval?

That was shot in JPG (I assume as its my normal setting) and I dont' remember the fps, probably 2. I am just starting out experimenting with Hyperlapses and I actually thought that rate is a picture every 2 seconds, not 2 frames per second. In the same way I thought the number 5 would be a picture every 5 seconds, not 5 pictures per second. Can someone else confirm which it is? I pretty much remember it clicking about once every two seconds though.

Greta Clip.......I live in Lake Wales and have wanted to shoot the Sky too....what Drone did you use....where were you standing......what settings did you use.....

The drone is a Mavic 2 Pro, I was standing near the end of the old bridge (what remains of the old bridge that was knocked down by a freighter or barge many years ago), where a lot of people fish from. The setting was a pic every 2 seconds, but see my other post answer regarding that issue. Everything else was pretty much on automatic, maybe on cloudy.

That was shot in JPG (I assume as its my normal setting) and I dont' remember the fps, probably 2. I am just starting out experimenting with Hyperlapses and I actually thought that rate is a picture every 2 seconds, not 2 frames per second. In the same way I thought the number 5 would be a picture every 5 seconds, not 5 pictures per second. Can someone else confirm which it is? I pretty much remember it clicking about once every two seconds though.
The number indicates the interval between shots- e.g.: 2 seconds between shots or 5 seconds between shots. The playback speed varies- normal movies are 24 frames (or images) per second through a movie projector to create motion, but can be 30fps (frames per second) or more. Obviously, the ideal would be

The number indicates the interval between shots- e.g.: 2 seconds between shots or 5 seconds between shots. The playback speed varies- normal movies are 24 frames (or images) per second through a movie projector to create motion, but can be 30fps (frames per second) or more. Obviously, the ideal would be more frames available within the time limits of the Mavic Air battery. Thus, shooting a frame every 2 seconds will give you more frame with which to work with in the software (Lightroom). But the Mavic cannot do this frequency in RAW files (which are better). To get RAW files the Mavic limits you to a shot every 5 seconds, thus less material or frames to work with within the 21 minutes of battery time. Ideally, for a nice. hyperlapse sequence I'd like at least 150 frames.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929