DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Super Resolution Photo's Dark?

Dopper

Reactions
I have been trying to take SR photo's on my zoom. For some reason they are coming out very dark. I don't know what I'm doing wrong? If I raise the exposure higher(too high) before I take the picture they come out better. My HDR phots are far superior in clarity and exposure to my Super Resolution Pics. I would appreciate any help as to what I'm doing wrong. I provided a screen shot. HDR on left - SR on right.
Here is my procedure.
1) frame pic
2) select photo, pano and super resolution.
3) snap picture.

Attachments

• IMG_8235.jpeg
    IMG_8235.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Just like when you zoom in on an object, the zoom feature creates a darker image. As you zoom in the aperture changes. You need to select a higher exposure before starting the super res.

A way to set it, zoom in all the way on the object and adjust the exposure value for a good image when zoomed in. Then zoom back out, do not touch the exposure setting, shoot the super res.

Not sure what you're doing with your exposure, but I leave my exposure in 'Auto' for Super Res shots.

My experience has been that the firmware always adds a slight bit of + exposure compensation on its own. I've assumed that this is to compensate for the higher f number caused by the longer focal length that's used when taking the image series that make up the Super Res photo.

In my case I find that a bit too much + EC is added and my Super Res shots are always slightly overexposed.

Reactions: Dakarenduro
Doh! I always do manual camera settings and never even thought of doing Auto for super res. Thanks. I just tried it, seems to work better than my manual compensation. It looks like it auto adjusts exposure for each individual pic as it is creating the super res.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest