DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Surrounded by wildlife

Delmarksman

Reactions
As I get my videos uploaded, I will post them here.
This is a herd of deer, best I can count is about 25 of them. I did my best to fly in nice and easy, so as not to spook them.
Out of respect for the animals and for the farmer over whose field I was flying. Field is in front of my house.
I came in at about 200 feet over the edge of the woods only coming down to about 80' at my lowest point.
I was running low on battery or I might have stayed longer.

I only have about 17 hours on the Mavic 2 Pro, so I am still learning. Anyway, check out the Deer.

Easy living for them by the looks.
The structure in the woods end of the field, is that a raised hunters platform ?
I imagine deer would be a common food source for people that live off the land and hunt etc.

One of the few moments that I wish I’d had a Zoom.

You can shoot 4K and crop in post editing, gives nearly the same vision as the zoom apparently.

Happy flying, looks like Spring is there ?

Reactions: Delmarksman
Nice one! Some colour correction would come in handy here! ;)

Reactions: Delmarksman
Easy living for them by the looks.
The structure in the woods end of the field, is that a raised hunters platform ?
I imagine deer would be a common food source for people that live off the land and hunt etc.

You can shoot 4K and crop in post editing, gives nearly the same vision as the zoom apparently.

Happy flying, looks like Spring is there ?
I will have to give that a try, I don't have a super computer, or the know how yet. My dominant concentrations have been on flying, and learning tight close quarters maneuvers for flying at work, have a pilot qualifications test to pass, coming up.

The farm is about 300 acres, surrounded by woods and more farms. We are east of a main highway and no real subdivisions in the area. It's all private farmland so very little hunting, maybe the farmer and his son, that's it. So like the video says; No Pressure on the Deer. No predators like wolf...

Problem is, if they don't do something about the deer, they will become a hazard to vehicles on the highway and crop damage. If even half of those deer drop babies, (2 each) the herd will double in size. It needs to be managed.
Like you noticed, the platform is there to do it.

Weather wise, in Delaware (North East US) it was a 65 degree day, very not normal.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty