DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Survey. Check to see if your RID actually is transmitting. Install the Drone Scanner App, Fly your drone, then see if the App sees it. Thanks

SteveR43

Reactions
I'm requesting, all who can , to install DRONE SCANNER app on their IOS or Android Devices and see if it picks up your RID signal when you are flying your drone. Post the results in this thread. Let us all know if it picks up your drone or not. If it does, what kind of info is the app transmitting to the public about your drone.

I've been Flying my Mav 3 Enterprise with no result. Drone Scanner doesn't see it. My DJI Pilot software indicates my RID is on, but the Drone Scanner App isn't showing my drone or any info about it whatsoever.

Let me and the other members know what results you get on this thread. Is your drone's RID signal being picked up or not? If it is seen by the app, what Data is it showing and is it accurate?

Please hold back on your opinions about RID. This thread is just to see if the public is able to use an app to see our drones and to see what information RID is giving to the public.

I feel, who better to check RID and the detector apps out, than us, the people that fly drones.

Thanks Everyone.

I have used Drone Scanner when flying my Air2S. I didn't notice though what it showed about my drone off hand, I was more concentrated on flying my drone. I will plan on taking a screen shot of the screen next time so I can get more detail.

Checked mine last week with no results

Mavic Pro Platinum. I’ve got nothing.

I'm requesting, all who can , to install DRONE SCANNER app on their IOS or Android Devices and see if it picks up your RID signal when you are flying your drone. Post the results in this thread. Let us all know if it picks up your drone or not. If it does, what kind of info is the app transmitting to the public about your drone.

I've been Flying my Mav 3 Enterprise with no result. Drone Scanner doesn't see it. My DJI Pilot software indicates my RID is on, but the Drone Scanner App isn't showing my drone or any info about it whatsoever.

Let me and the other members know what results you get on this thread. Is your drone's RID signal being picked up or not? If it is seen by the app, what Data is it showing and is it accurate?

Please hold back on your opinions about RID. This thread is just to see if the public is able to use an app to see our drones and to see what information RID is giving to the public.

I feel, who better to check RID and the detector apps out, than us, the people that fly drones.

Thanks Everyone.
I just (easily) installed Drone Scanner and went through their brief tutorial. There were no drones in my area at this time.I will try it out next time I fly.

Dale
Miami

I feel, who better to check RID and the detector apps out, than us, the people 30t that fly drones.

Thanks Everyone.
I can't test on my Air2s as I use my phone with the app with my controller, but I have used it while we fly our SAR m30t with no results.

I tried the app again while doing a drone mapping survey. It showed, NO DRONES.

Drone Scanner is supposedly the best app to detect RID. So far it's good to know the public apparently can't seem to get access to RID information.

Reactions: mashman and sdcaver
I have used Drone Scanner when flying my Air2S. I didn't notice though what it showed about my drone off hand, I was more concentrated on flying my drone. I will plan on taking a screen shot of the screen next time so I can get more detail.
Just hover your drone in a safe place, then open the app and check. A screen shot would be great.

Anyway, I still get nothing. My DJI Pilot app indicates that RID is on, but nothing shows up on Drone scanner.

I tried with my mini 2, picked up nothing.

Should we try other drone scanner apps or just the aforementioned ?
"Drone Scanner" is supposedly a good one, but if you know of others try those scanning apps. I just chose drone scanner because I heard it did a good detecting job, I didn't hear much about the others.

ATTN TO ALL: Please try other apps if you think you may get a detection result. You don't have to use "Drone Scanner"

I too, want to know if one app may work compared to others. In fact, I guess, ill load up all the ones I can find and see if any of them work at detecting my drone.

I just downloaded pretty much all the drone ID apps I could find onto an IOS device and an android device. NONE WERE ABLE TO DETECT MY DRONE OR ANY OTHERS. Maybe law enforcement has a better app or equipement, but it seems like the public , at the moment, will not have much luck finding drones and their pilots.

I just downloaded pretty much all the drone ID apps I could find onto an IOS device and an android device. NONE WERE ABLE TO DETECT MY DRONE OR ANY OTHERS. Maybe law enforcement has a better app or equipement, but it seems like the public , at the moment, will not have much luck finding drones and their pilots.
You do know remote ID isn't fully a thing yet until September 23rd... Right?

You do know remote ID isn't fully a thing yet until September 23rd... Right?
Well, in that case, if that is the case, we will all just have to start this thread up again on Sept 23rd. Till then., then.

No one has had any detection so far. I know RID isn't supposed to be fully operational until Sept 23rd, but seeing as DJI's firmware says it activated RID (I remember seeing that in an update) and I see that it is active on my DJI Pilot 2 app, I don't see why no one has had any luck with any apps identifying their drones or any other drones that may have been flying in the area. Hmmm.

Mini 3 Pro, RC-N1 w/ Android phone (S20FE), DJI Fly App indicates RID is functioning, but not showing on Drone Scanner or Drone Tag.

Mavic 3. RC Pro. Drone Scanner app on Pixel 3xl
Shows drone after starting props, not before. Limited info showing on app.
Flew 20-30 feet away and app does not show drone.
Intersting. I wonder how far rid transmits. Is it a wifi transmission. If so, will a simple phone pick up the RID device or do you need a special amplified reciever?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka