DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3 Sutherland Clearances - Ceannabeinne Township, Durness - DJI AIR3 4Kvideo 60fps

AlbionDrones

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
At the furthest reaches of the Scottish North Coast, just before you reach Durness are some amazing beaches, turquoise waters and golden sands, with rocky headlands and sea stacks, beautiful views, but also a place that includes a shameful history ignored by many...

Ceannabeinne was a thriving township until the landowner decided that sheep were more profitable than people and the village was 'cleared' - the tenant farmers and crofters turned off their land, left homeless and without a means to support themselves, with not a thought to their plight by those whose only motive was profit...

Stunning views, a place once of thriving life and joy that became a place of sadness, which still bears that legacy to this day... As always, try to see beyond the immediate, and look to the history and the lives others lived that shaped the land we see...

Or, just enjoy some beautiful views on a very windy day, the choice is as always your own...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hi Suzanna,
wow, Durness! I've been to the campsite many times ( over 25 years ago) and have always been amazed by the wild cliffs and the sensational beach! You captured the area very well with the drone 👍👍 Thanks for showing and refreshing my fond memories of this place! BTW, do you know the Smoo Cave nearby? Overwhelming!
Cheers Paul

• Love
Reactions: AlbionDrones
Hi Suzanna,
wow, Durness! I've been to the campsite many times ( over 25 years ago) and have always been amazed by the wild cliffs and the sensational beach! You captured the area very well with the drone 👍👍 Thanks for showing and refreshing my fond memories of this place! BTW, do you know the Smoo Cave nearby? Overwhelming!
Cheers Paul
Thanks Paul...

Yes, I know Smoo Cave, visited the first time we were in the area, but it was a strict 'No Drone' policy... Stunning place and it would be good to capture it, but I wouldn't want to annoy the wildlife, or upset the locals tbh...

Yes, I know Smoo Cave, visited the first time we were in the area, but it was a strict 'No Drone' policy... Stunning place and it would be good to capture it, but I wouldn't want to annoy the wildlife, or upset the locals tbh...
you´r welcome Suzanna!
It's a pity that you can't use a drone in the Smoo Caves, but it's understandable, because bats and other animals live there!

Reactions: AlbionDrones
Another awesome video! Great scenery. Your friend looked like they were a bit bored :)

Another awesome video! Great scenery. Your friend looked like they were a bit bored :)
Lol, thanks... Yeah, that was hubby, and our friends were already walking to see the view and sat near the stream, I think he wanted to join them...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rudyr