DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Swap Enterprise zoom camera with the Dual

96vette

Reactions
II it possible to swap the zoom camera with dual? If so, is there any place the sells the dual camera?

Not successfully. The hardware is compatible/swappable, but then when booting up, the dual camera will not work, and you'll receive an error code.

It's been done successfully between the zoom and the pro cameras, but there is likely some type of encryption preventing the thermal camera to be manipulated in this way. Here's a video for reference from OriginaldoBo where he tries to make the swap.

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
I wonder if the M2EZ cam would work on the dual. Anybody have info on that? I know they are similar. Just looking for the zoom capability.

Not successfully. The hardware is compatible/swappable, but then when booting up, the dual camera will not work, and you'll receive an error code.

It's been done successfully between the zoom and the pro cameras, but there is likely some type of encryption preventing the thermal camera to be manipulated in this way. Here's a video for reference from OriginaldoBo where he tries to make the swap.

What you are referencing is a standard M2 zoom or pro using the dual camera. His question was whether or not the MAVIC 2 ENTERPRISE ZOOM is capable of accepting the dual camera. From my research I have found that yes it can and has been done. The M2 cameras are interchangeable between the M2 zoom and pro and the same can be said for the two flavors of Enterprise drones. The video is correct that the Mavic 2 and the Mavic 2 Enterprise are too different as far as main boards that the camera swaps are incompatible. I will be attempting it later this week, so I will tell you with certainty if it is a possibility.

What you are referencing is a standard M2 zoom or pro using the dual camera. His question was whether or not the MAVIC 2 ENTERPRISE ZOOM is capable of accepting the dual camera. From my research I have found that yes it can and has been done. The M2 cameras are interchangeable between the M2 zoom and pro and the same can be said for the two flavors of Enterprise drones. The video is correct that the Mavic 2 and the Mavic 2 Enterprise are too different as far as main boards that the camera swaps are incompatible. I will be attempting it later this week, so I will tell you with certainty if it is a possibility.
M2E Zoom has exactly the same camera/gimbal unit as the standard M2 Zoom. Only difference is the M2EZ has extra zoom which is all done in software.

Normal M2Z camera works on M2EZ because they are the same.

M2ED camera is totally different so the core board in the drone runs different firmware and likely has some hardware changes. M2ED camera will only work on an original M2ED.

My understanding is that there was an issue with reading the thermal based on the software/firmware differences making the thermal incompatible, but the regular RGB picture seemed to work fine. Again, we have not personally tested, so there may be extraneous factors. Do update us when you attempt.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S