DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Swapping between Litchi and DJI Go 4

Paul Smith

Reactions
I'd welcome some advice re. the Litchi app.
I'm wanting to download it for waypoints, but don't know how I go about swapping back and forth between Litchi and DJI Go 4 on my Smart Controller. I've not come across any posts/vids which explain.
Thanks for any help.

in settings on SC go to Apps section & force stop / disable one of the apps you will not be using so as not to cause any conflicts, you only need to do it once so long as you dont load it up again, I tend to do it before every flight or I did do when flying the M2P but since getting the M3 I hardly ever fly the M2P now, have kept it though due to Litchi Missions.

They are pretty much interchangeable, but should be used one at a time. There are two big advantages for using Litchi:
1) It supports VR goggles for immersive flight where you can actually (at least with a M2P) fly your drone and then actually look toward where you want your camera pointed and it just does it.

2) You can pre program and virtually test missions on your computer before you go out and fly it. THAT is the one feature that makes it worth having IMO. Below is an illustration of one mission I've pre-programmed. I don't think I flew that one yet. I've yet to program automatic flight on site from my phone or tablet. It's reallly something to do from your computer at home where you can tweak things before leaving home.

1651005353682.png

I'd welcome some advice re. the Litchi app.
I'm wanting to download it for waypoints, but don't know how I go about swapping back and forth between Litchi and DJI Go 4 on my Smart Controller. I've not come across any posts/vids which explain.
Thanks for any help.
All you do is exit out of GO4 if you already opened it, and then open Litchi app. The reverse to switch back to GO4 when you want. I've had both of them in my Smart Controller for over a year and they work great together. I downloaded Litchi from the Amazon Appstore which was preloaded on my Smart Controller when I got it from DJI. Purchasing it from there worked well, and I also later installed the Appstore on my android phone and was then able to install on that as well at no cost. It is very simple to install the Appstore on any android device with a simple Google search.

All you do is exit out of GO4 if you already opened it, and then open Litchi app. The reverse to switch back to GO4 when you want. I've had both of them in my Smart Controller for over a year and they work great together. I downloaded Litchi from the Amazon Appstore which was preloaded on my Smart Controller when I got it from DJI. Purchasing it from there worked well, and I also later installed the Appstore on my android phone and was then able to install on that as well at no cost. It is very simple to install the Appstore on any android device with a simple Google search.
You obviously know your stuff, so can I ask you,
why I've been unable to set the Go Home Altitude or Maximum Altitude on my Smart Controller.
I'm in Settings - Aircraft but can't enter any data. I can make changes elsewhere, ie. Minimum Location Accuracy.
Both DJI Fly and DJI Go 4 are stopped.
Thanks for any help.

why I've been unable to set the Go Home Altitude or Maximum Altitude on my Smart Controller.
I'm in Settings - Aircraft but can't enter any data. I can make changes elsewhere, ie. Minimum Location Accuracy.
Thanks for any help.
If both GO4 and DJI Fly are stopped, what app are you using to connect. You need to be using some program and be connected to the aircraft because the app is trying to change the settings in the aircraft.

Reactions: Paul Smith
Thanks for any help.
Hi Paul, I'll take it for granted that you downloaded and installed Litchi, and that is the program you are asking about. I don't know for sure that you need to be logged into your Litchi account to fly or change settings, but I would think so. Once you login it is saved and you shouldn't have to do it again. You do need to be logged in to synchronize and fly waypoint missions that you make and save on the PC. Anyhow once you are in Litchi and logged on to your account, you also need the drone turned on and connected to make setting changes. As you said, go to settings (upper right), then to aircraft, then tap the box that the RTH Altitude is in, and change it to what you want. Do the same with the maximum altitude, tap in the box with the maximum altitude number and change it to what you want. Exit out of the settings box and it should be all set. As I mentioned you can create waypoint missions on the Litchi mission hub, save the mission under whatever name you want and when you go to the waypoint mode on Litchi, the saved mission will be there. You need to be logged into your Litchi account and be connected to wifi with the smart controller so it can download the mission from Litchi mission hub.

Hi Paul, I'll take it for granted that you downloaded and installed Litchi, and that is the program you are asking about. I don't know for sure that you need to be logged into your Litchi account to fly or change settings, but I would think so. Once you login it is saved and you shouldn't have to do it again. You do need to be logged in to synchronize and fly waypoint missions that you make and save on the PC. Anyhow once you are in Litchi and logged on to your account, you also need the drone turned on and connected to make setting changes. As you said, go to settings (upper right), then to aircraft, then tap the box that the RTH Altitude is in, and change it to what you want. Do the same with the maximum altitude, tap in the box with the maximum altitude number and change it to what you want. Exit out of the settings box and it should be all set. As I mentioned you can create waypoint missions on the Litchi mission hub, save the mission under whatever name you want and when you go to the waypoint mode on Litchi, the saved mission will be there. You need to be logged into your Litchi account and be connected to wifi with the smart controller so it can download the mission from Litchi mission hub.
Better late than never.
Many thanks for your generous advice which has been very helpful. 👍
Paul

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98