DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sweden in December

Nice Vid.

Reactions: bebbe
Was your exposure on auto during the 360 pan? And just because it was slow there was no exposure jumping?

Nice clip fellow countryman ... similar weather in Örebro minus the sunshine, feels like it have been overcast for 2 month now.

Just a couple tip's for future film creations ... try to keep each scene at a maximum duration of approx. 5-7 sec. to keep the viewer more engaged.
Try to change scene view/object between cuts ... not only continue with the same after a cut, the cut becomes kind off meaningless otherwise.
Don't choose transition to black between cuts for the same story/time period/area/motif ... usually that marks "the end" or start of another story, use instead some other that mixes the scenes as transition & save the one to black for the very end.

Yeah, I know ... it will be hard to just choose the best 5 sec. bits from each shoot & the time you need to invest to do it ... but it will be worth it :)

Was your exposure on auto during the 360 pan? And just because it was slow there was no exposure jumping?

No, not auto. I first did a 360 to check the histogram. Then set some type of average. But more to the slightly brighter one.

Nice clip fellow countryman ... similar weather in Örebro minus the sunshine, feels like it have been overcast for 2 month now.

Just a couple tip's for future film creations ... try to keep each scene at a maximum duration of approx. 5-7 sec. to keep the viewer more engaged.
Try to change scene view/object between cuts ... not only continue with the same after a cut, the cut becomes kind off meaningless otherwise.
Don't choose transition to black between cuts for the same story/time period/area/motif ... usually that marks "the end" or start of another story, use instead some other that mixes the scenes as transition & save the one to black for the very end.

Yeah, I know ... it will be hard to just choose the best 5 sec. bits from each shoot & the time you need to invest to do it ... but it will be worth it :)

Thanks for that input! Exactly the type I want. [emoji106]
In terms of length, I always have trouble keeping the length down. From the beginning, the video was another two minutes [emoji16]

I'll follow your advice on the next video [emoji846]

Reactions: Skyflyer129
Yeah, I never think about Sweden in December, usually, we are looking somewhere we found snow and close... thanks for sharing... something to think about this vacation :)

Reactions: Skyflyer129
Yeah, I never think about Sweden in December, usually, we are looking somewhere we found snow and close... thanks for sharing... something to think about this vacation :)
Nice scenery and slow pan and nice music. Didn't anyone but me notice that there was almost two 360 degree pans? As a general video editing rule, I try to keep my clips around 5 or less seconds unless a story is being told such as an approach to the top of a waterfall, etc. Long clips tend to be turned off by most viewers. I pay a monthly fee to Vimeo to post my videos. They send me a weekly and a month;y report on may "views." I am always astounded to see that less than 5% of viewers finish watching my video and only a small percentage watch more than 30%.
Here are most most recent analytics from Vimeo. Note Out of 1,131 Looks, I had 117 views, 5 finishes and 45% watched, and average time perf view only 3 minutes and .29 seconds.!!! This should teach us all to edit more tightly.Screen Shot 2019-12-09 at 2.15.39 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-12-09 at 2.16.42 PM.png

Nice scenery and slow pan and nice music. Didn't anyone but me notice that there was almost two 360 degree pans? As a general video editing rule, I try to keep my clips around 5 or less seconds unless a story is being told such as an approach to the top of a waterfall, etc. Long clips tend to be turned off by most viewers. I pay a monthly fee to Vimeo to post my videos. They send me a weekly and a month;y report on may "views." I am always astounded to see that less than 5% of viewers finish watching my video and only a small percentage watch more than 30%.
Here are most most recent analytics from Vimeo. Note Out of 1,131 Looks, I had 117 views, 5 finishes and 45% watched, and average time perf view only 3 minutes and .29 seconds.!!! This should teach us all to edit more tightly.View attachment 87725View attachment 87726

Yes, became a bit long clip during panning [emoji846]

I do also think everyone seems to be very impatient as to how long they watch a video.

But I suppose that's because there are so many great videos to watch [emoji2369]

Changed according to advice [emoji16][emoji106]

Much better Thumbswayup ... now cut into that 360 pan, I know it's all beautiful but had to force my self not jump forward ... remember each scene around 5 sec. One way to handle 360's is speed jumps ... not suitable here though with that scenic music & calm nature. Another perhaps more suitable way in this case is to chop the full turn up in smaller pieces & mix them in among other scenes.

Much better Thumbswayup ... now cut into that 360 pan, I know it's all beautiful but had to force my self not jump forward ... remember each scene around 5 sec. One way to handle 360's is speed jumps ... not suitable here though with that scenic music & calm nature. Another perhaps more suitable way in this case is to chop the full turn up in smaller pieces & mix them in among other scenes.

Thanks!

I'll get some more film material and see if I can apply my new knowledge to it. [emoji846]

Must say that the Mavic Mini has really exceeded my expectations so far. Hope it will continue with that. [emoji16]

Last edited:
Great video, and stunning scenery, thanks for sharing. It's on my bucket list, for sure.

Fantastic views!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato