DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Swimming Lessons for my Mavic Mini

RobFJ

Reactions
Took my mini down to a local ravine yesterday hoping to get some nice footage slowly following a small stream from 3 to 5 metres above the surface (I really like the low altitude shots over fields, orchards, waterways, etc.).
Unfortunately clipped a branch and shut down instantly, doing a great swan dive into the one part of the stream that was more than a few weeks niches deep.
Retrieved within a few minutes, dried out overnight and now it’s in at my local DJI dealership to see it it’s going to survive.
Wish I had the footage at least but it was a trial run with video off.

I’m guessing it might be OK as it started right up and lifted off this morning in the back yard, hovered just fine but it kept losing the WiFi connection to the remote.
Beginners luck!
We’ll see how things turn out next week.

• Sad
Reactions: kevbac
You'll need to dunk it distilled water and then spray isopropyl alcohol on the circuit boards and connectors.

If the dealer keeps it too long without washing out the freshwater, the contaminants in it will corrode the IC boards

Took my mini down to a local ravine yesterday hoping to get some nice footage slowly following a small stream from 3 to 5 metres above the surface (I really like the low altitude shots over fields, orchards, waterways, etc.).
Unfortunately clipped a branch and shut down instantly, doing a great swan dive into the one part of the stream that was more than a few weeks niches deep.
Retrieved within a few minutes, dried out overnight and now it’s in at my local DJI dealership to see it it’s going to survive.
Wish I had the footage at least but it was a trial run with video off.

I’m guessing it might be OK as it started right up and lifted off this morning in the back yard, hovered just fine but it kept losing the WiFi connection to the remote.
Beginners luck!
We’ll see how things turn out next week.

Any word back about it yet?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake