DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Switch from CE to FCC

Marche777

Reactions
Hi Mavic pilots,

I'm not new in this forum, you already helped me finding my first Mavic (without success unfortunately), but now i'm here because it's few months that i had my brand new mavic pro.
I'm a more expert pilot and my drone is working fine, no more disconnection. (the other one i lost was used and probably defective)

Yesterday i flew very far to reach and film a very beautiful church on the mountains here in my city (Bologna, Italy), and i almost lost connections suddenly when i reach the distance of 4km, so i have to come back even if i had a lot of spare battery (78%).

After some researches i found out that this was due to the CE trasmission mode that is limited to 4km instead of the 7km of the FCC mode.

Is there any method to change the trasmission mode from CE to FCC?
Would i lose the warranty?

My Mavic Pro is updated to the newest firmware and my DJI GO 4 app is also updated (Android Phone).

Many thanks,

Andrea

Hi Mavic pilots,

I'm not new in this forum, you already helped me finding my first Mavic (without success unfortunately), but now i'm here because it's few months that i had my brand new mavic pro.
I'm a more expert pilot and my drone is working fine, no more disconnection. (the other one i lost was used and probably defective)

Yesterday i flew very far to reach and film a very beautiful church on the mountains here in my city (Bologna, Italy), and i almost lost connections suddenly when i reach the distance of 4km, so i have to come back even if i had a lot of spare battery (78%).

After some researches i found out that this was due to the CE trasmission mode that is limited to 4km instead of the 7km of the FCC mode.

Is there any method to change the trasmission mode from CE to FCC?
Would i lose the warranty?

My Mavic Pro is updated to the newest firmware and my DJI GO 4 app is also updated (Android Phone).

Many thanks,

Andrea
Take a look at this... I did it. Works great.

Reactions: Cookaboorra
Hi radioflyerman,

This is very interesting but i'm not into modding. I'm just looking for an easiest way to change to fcc mode. Maybe a small reversible mod, an hack, a trick.... I don't know. Something less radical then this super patcher mod.

Hi radioflyerman,

This is very interesting but i'm not into modding. I'm just looking for an easiest way to change to fcc mode. Maybe a small reversible mod, an hack, a trick.... I don't know. Something less radical then this super patcher mod.
Hi, I’m also located in Italy. Did you perhaps find a solution to this? I’m on the same boat.

Hi, I’m also located in Italy. Did you perhaps find a solution to this? I’m on the same boat.
Hi !
Even if someone of you is not on the modding side, he NEEDS a mod. Simply & plain.
To avoid the " do it youself " thing, that I suppose is your wish, I can suggest to take a look at the Dronehacks web page. You will find a lot of infos, plus software hacks that can help you in succeeding your goal. Oh, it has a cost !

CIAO

There is a service somewhere, (I found out about them on this forum, you may have to hunt for it), but you send them the kit, and your money, and they will do the mods for you. I think it is NLD....

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato