DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Switch to airplane mode on phone for extended range?

DannyDoi

Reactions

Did anyone test this?

As many people brought up in that forum post, 10,000 feet out is going beyond visual line of sight. Just because you don't have to register the Mavic Mini with the FAA doesn't mean you don't have to follow the recreational pilot rules.

I think airplane mode is not neccessary, just switching off Wifi should do it, too.
GSM/UMTS/LTE frequencies are not colliding with the frequencies used by the drone, Wifi does.

As many people brought up in that forum post, 10,000 feet out is going beyond visual line of sight. Just because you don't have to register the Mavic Mini with the FAA doesn't mean you don't have to follow the recreational pilot rules.
I am sure that most cant mantain visual sight of the mini beyond a dozen of meters.

Let’s face it. Anytime you are framing a shot you are not in line of sight. I getting a little put off by some of these people who are portraying themselves as someone who personally have situational awareness with their drone at all times. 5 feet or 5000
Phantomi is so right.

Hi there, if it is a direct line of sight but you cannot see it, isn't that still allowed?

• Love
Reactions: DannyDoi
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000