DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Switching from 4k to 1080 how?

Van Shteffy

Reactions
I have been reading posts and watching youtube and pilots are saying that you get more battery out of 1080. I have a Mavic 2 zoom. How and where and when do I switch the setting.

Is that right ?
(4K using more battery than 1080)

I wouldn’t have thought this.
If true, about how much different % wise ?

I’ve always shot 1080, it certainly saves footage storage needs . . . but mainly I find starting out in editing in basic editing apps, most won’t do 4k.

A 4K video (of a scene) will be a larger file size than the same scene shot as a 1080p video. So it will take more battery power to write the data to SD card. This is a fact. I guess what is not clear is how much of an impact it will have on flight time or distance.

• Love
Reactions: Van Shteffy
A 4K video (of a scene) will be a larger file size than the same scene shot as a 1080p video. So it will take more battery power to write the data to SD card. This is a fact. I guess what is not clear is how much of an impact it will have on flight time or distance.
Good advice and information. Thank you.

Good advice and information. Thank you.
The amount of current drawn from the battery by the camera is trivial compared to what the motors are using regardless of the video format used.
Worrying about it is like driving your car at 80 mph and turning the radio off because you are concerned about fuel economy.

Last edited:
Reactions: GadgetGuy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gottawonder