DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Swollen Batteries

bushie

Reactions
I have had my Mavic Pro for several years. I was to go flying yesterday so thought I would top up the batteries the night before as it was a few weeks since I last flew and charged them. When I took them of the charger I found 2 of the 3 had swollen on the underside so I presume they are unusable and will need to be replaced

:(

Not a cheap exercise

Yeap. Do not flies does batteries. Sadly is the nature of the LiPo batteries.

Reactions: Thomas B
Let's be fair, the end of a batterylife is nothing new. Long, long time ago, you might still remember, there were those non-rechargable batteries, then we had the first rechargables and now we have the lipo. There were times that people even expected little nuclear batteires for simple household tasks. Yes it is expensive to get new batteries, but that is part of the hobby, I think.

Reactions: MA2 317
I have had my Mavic Pro for several years. I was to go flying yesterday so thought I would top up the batteries the night before as it was a few weeks since I last flew and charged them. When I took them of the charger I found 2 of the 3 had swollen on the underside so I presume they are unusable and will need to be replaced

Not a cheap exercise

Doesn’t seem fair. Case in point. You know them cheap toys with the annoying sounds and lights we buy for our children and grandchildren. The ones with the batteries included. You can’t kill them no matter how hard you try. Last for years and years. Where’s the justice.

I had 3 of the one for my M1P swell on the belly. I did fly with them but that was because ignorance is bliss. I read that they can go from full charge to zero very quickly. I have since replaced them. I got them for $85.00/each on Ebay for DJI brand batteries

I use my swollen batteries for charging iPads/iphones
Is it worth risking your expensive Mavic?
For me I said NO

Even for that are dangerous. A swollen battery can cause a fire. i will only do that as long is inside a LiPo battery safe bag.

Reactions: JohnnyD913

Not a cheap exercise
I kept one of my swollen batteries and I use it only to dowload or do updates, rather than discharge batteries I fly with...

Reactions: zeusfl
I kept one of my swollen batteries and I use it only to dowload or do updates, rather than discharge batteries I fly with...
That's a good use. For testing.

That's a good idea! Was just looking for a disposal site for one battery. Now I'll keep it for downloads and such. Battery looked like it was about to pop out of the mavic on landing. Kind of disturbing - was 70 F out, normal flight.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada