DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sydney ➡Central Coast Flyer meet ups.

ZUCSTA

Reactions
Anyone near Avoca on the central Coast with a Mavic Pro wishes to meet up to compare pics ,Flight Tip and Camera Help please just reply here. Met a few New Mavic pilots Today Pete and Mark Hope to see you guys again. [emoji654] [emoji2]

Hey ZUCSTA,

Yep - I'm in Ourimbah - just got the Mavic a few weeks ago and I'm still working up my nerve to fly more than 100 metres away. I have the original Phantom with a 3rd party gimbal and camera cradle which I used to fly a lot (and occasionally crash) but the Mavic looks/feels a little more delicate than the Phantom hence my trepidation.

Do you have another local meet up planned on the coast?

Chris

Reactions: Viper3224
I just bought my Mavic from Bing Lee and I have to say this drone is the love of my life. I live in Sydney to and I have to admit flying something that cost me 2400 dollars including the do over plan is quite nerve racking but you either sit out on the porch or play with the big dogs so the second flight I took it up 120 meters and flew it almost 2 kilometers out lol. Next week I might go down south to Kiama and film the light tower but we'all see. I kinda get nervous when I get the high wind warning lol. Been happening a lot lately.

Reactions: JDG and stratos
I find if I get that high wind warning I try to fly mostly upwind from home point. That way if something goes wrong or just low battery, you are with the wind coming home.
That said, the bloody wind is usually blowing away from what I want to view. :mad:

Reactions: JDG and Viper3224
You'll find Kiama quite windy most of the time.
I am still flying within touching distance basically with mine, also practicing various takeoffs and manoeuvres. Just getting the feel of the controls and how the Mavic reacts.
Not brave enough to take it out 2 ks don't yet trust relying on the screen to see what's going on.

I can deal with the caution advisory it's the red warnings the get me nervous lol. I don't know if it's the new update but my landing has been off on the RTH. I've had to manually land my Mavic 4 times in a row now. That's even with my landing pad and taking it up so it can take a picture. And I Always update my home to. Is anyone else having the same problem??????

Reactions: johncsurf
My RTH landings have been spot-on before and after the update. No issues here. But I am doing more of my own landings and the occasional hand release and catch in rough terrain as I get more experience.

Anyone near Avoca on the central Coast with a Mavic Pro wishes to meet up to compare pics ,Flight Tip and Camera Help please just reply here. Met a few New Mavic pilots Today Pete and Mark Hope to see you guys again. [emoji654] [emoji2]

lol I was at Avoca beach 2 weekends ago. Caught a little jelly fish for my daughter. Add me I like getting out of the house. I'm all about taking coastal shots. I like taking videos and pics for my friends the live back in the States.

Reactions: ZUCSTA
have met some other fellow pilots in some sydney parks everyone exited with their mavics.

have met some other fellow pilots in some sydney parks everyone exited with their mavics.

Been loving mine since I received it. I went out and got a hard case for it and a landing pad. Still waiting on my landing gear and controller stick protectors. Went out to the Blue Mountains today, wanted to get some video of the falls but there were to many people to launch my drone so today was a wash. Next week hitting up Kiama. Hopefully have videos of the blow hole and the lighthouse.

Reactions: stratos
Been loving mine since I received it. I went out and got a hard case for it and a landing pad. Still waiting on my landing gear and controller stick protectors. Went out to the Blue Mountains today, wanted to get some video of the falls but there were to many people to launch my drone so today was a wash. Next week hitting up Kiama. Hopefully have videos of the blow hole and the lighthouse.

Oh thats great. The day tha I went to the blue mountains it was windy and rainning :( tried getting a couple of shots but sadly just took a couple. Also wasnt realy sure if it was "ok" to fly there or not. Crash landed after a 2 minute flight. Just have to change some props :(

My RTH landings have been spot-on before and after the update. No issues here. But I am doing more of my own landings and the occasional hand release and catch in rough terrain as I get more experience.

Never done a hand realesse or catch its a bit scary tbh :) i like to land it myself the rth landing alarm is way to noisy :)

I'm in Sydney near glebe if anyone is relatively close and wants to meet up for a Saturday morning flight. I had a phantom 4 for a bit and sold it and got a Mavic. Interested in getting an inspire next. It just trying to decide if I really want to carry it.

Reactions: ZUCSTA and stratos
Going for a flight tomorrow morning. Anyone wants to join? keen to go around any region near syd :D

Oh thats great. The day tha I went to the blue mountains it was windy and rainning :( tried getting a couple of shots but sadly just took a couple. Also wasnt realy sure if it was "ok" to fly there or not. Crash landed after a 2 minute flight. Just have to change some props :(
Technically it's not allowed as it's a National Park plus there are a few emergency helipads around.
People do fly, if you do use discretion and low flights.
All National Parks are Out of bounds unless you get special permission.

Reactions: ZUCSTA and JDG
Technically it's not allowed as it's a National Park plus there are a few emergency helipads around.
People do fly, if you do use discretion and low flights.
All National Parks are Out of bounds unless you get special permission.

Well there are several areas not national parks nor heli pads around around in which you could definitely fly. :) but not directly in the Blue mountains.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N