DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"sys warning, check app" error on controller??

torqum

Reactions
I went to fly my mavic for the first time in 2 years today. I am using a new phone. I have not updated the firmware since first buying the mavic in February of 2017 because I was suspicious of all the new restrictions DJI was putting on the drones. So I always fly with Litchi instead of the DJI Go app. Today, after the controller connected to the mavic and I calibrated the compass I noticed a "sys warning, check app" message on the controller". I checked the Litchi app and there was no system warning. I ended up flying for only 2 minutes and at only 5 feet off the ground, just to be safe. I then looked at the csv log file from the Litchi folder, but there was no error message recorded in it. So I took the sd card from the mavic itself and tried to look for a log file, but there was none. So my questions:

Is there anywhere where such a warning message would have been recorded? How do I find out what the warning was? Is the log file from Litchi the only one that was recorded? Or is there a log file stored on the mavic itself that would be more detailed? If the message isn't recorded in any logs, is the problem that Litchi just isn't setup to display such warning messages and I would need to use the DJI Go app to see what the error is?

The controller would only be familiar with the Go 4 app as far as specific error codes go...

I went to fly my mavic for the first time in 2 years today. I am using a new phone. I have not updated the firmware since first buying the mavic in February of 2017 because I was suspicious of all the new restrictions DJI was putting on the drones. So I always fly with Litchi instead of the DJI Go app. Today, after the controller connected to the mavic and I calibrated the compass I noticed a "sys warning, check app" message on the controller". I checked the Litchi app and there was no system warning. I ended up flying for only 2 minutes and at only 5 feet off the ground, just to be safe. I then looked at the csv log file from the Litchi folder, but there was no error message recorded in it. So I took the sd card from the mavic itself and tried to look for a log file, but there was none. So my questions:

Is there anywhere where such a warning message would have been recorded? How do I find out what the warning was? Is the log file from Litchi the only one that was recorded? Or is there a log file stored on the mavic itself that would be more detailed? If the message isn't recorded in any logs, is the problem that Litchi just isn't setup to display such warning messages and I would need to use the DJI Go app to see what the error is?
Litchi creates 2 log files ... one csv & one txt.

You find them here ...

On iOS devices, the Litchi CSV logs are in Litchi » Documents » flightlogs, and the DJI TXT logs are in Litchi » Documents » SDK_logs » FlightRecord.

On Android devices the Litchi CSV logs are in LitchiApp » flightlogs. Litchi also creates a standard DJI TXT log, which for some reason it stores in a subdirectory in the DJI app directory, DJI » com.aryuthere.visionplus » FlightRecord.

Besides those 2 logs stored in the mobile device you flew with you also have the DAT log stored in your MPP which isn't decrypted & can be read ... below quoted from Mavic Flight Log Retrieval and Analysis Guide

Aircraft DAT files

These are only readable from the Mavic Mini, Mavic Pro and Mavic Pro Platinum (plus Phantom 3, Inspire 1, Phantom 4, Phantom 4 Pro, Inspire 2, Inspire 2 Pro, Matrice 100, Matrice 200, Matrice 600, and Spark). All except the Mavic Mini record the DAT files on internal aircraft memory, and a guide to retrieving them from the aircraft can be found on @BudWalker's DatCon website. The Mavic Mini maintains the most recent DAT file named fc_log.log on the removeable SD card in hidden folder: MISC » LOG » flylog. Change the file extension from .log to .DAT to read the file with DatCon.

Aircraft DAT files are much larger files than the mobile device files, and generally too large to post directly to this forum. The best solution is to upload them to Dropbox or similar and then post a link.

Litchi creates 2 log files ... one csv & one txt.

You find them here ...

On iOS devices, the Litchi CSV logs are in Litchi » Documents » flightlogs, and the DJI TXT logs are in Litchi » Documents » SDK_logs » FlightRecord.

On Android devices the Litchi CSV logs are in LitchiApp » flightlogs. Litchi also creates a standard DJI TXT log, which for some reason it stores in a subdirectory in the DJI app directory, DJI » com.aryuthere.visionplus » FlightRecord.

Besides those 2 logs stored in the mobile device you flew with you also have the DAT log stored in your MPP which isn't decrypted & can be read ... below quoted from Mavic Flight Log Retrieval and Analysis Guide

Aircraft DAT files

These are only readable from the Mavic Mini, Mavic Pro and Mavic Pro Platinum (plus Phantom 3, Inspire 1, Phantom 4, Phantom 4 Pro, Inspire 2, Inspire 2 Pro, Matrice 100, Matrice 200, Matrice 600, and Spark). All except the Mavic Mini record the DAT files on internal aircraft memory, and a guide to retrieving them from the aircraft can be found on @BudWalker's DatCon website. The Mavic Mini maintains the most recent DAT file named fc_log.log on the removeable SD card in hidden folder: MISC » LOG » flylog. Change the file extension from .log to .DAT to read the file with DatCon.

Aircraft DAT files are much larger files than the mobile device files, and generally too large to post directly to this forum. The best solution is to upload them to Dropbox or similar and then post a link.

Thanks. I didn't find any relevant information about a warning in the file stored in the DJI app folder. And I may upload the log file stored on the drone itself, but my only worry is that if I connect my drone to DJI Assistant and login, it will brick the drone until I update the firmware. I may update it eventually, but I'd rather just take the minimum steps to figuring out this warning message for the time being. The next thing I'll try is to fly with DJI Go, and if I get the warning message again hopefully the app itself will tell me what the exact warning is.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3