DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

System cant process 4K with info from MA

John Gowland

Premium Pilot
Reactions
My new Macbook Pro which I particularly bought for processing 4K video from the Mavic Pro cant process Mavic Air with info on it. It can process 4K video without the info on it with out a problem but when I take video with the info on it the machine can't do it. Its all jumpy like the cpu or graphics card just cant cope.
I shut everything ells down, restarted then replayed it a number of times to make sure it was in all the caches.
Even tried Turbo Boost switcher.
Any one else experienced this.
It looks as though the information in the video clip is way too much for my very expensive Mac.
Can anyone elaborate?
Screen Shot 2018-02-27 at 5.30.06 pm.png
"somebody gonna get a hurt real bad"

My new Macbook Pro which I particularly bought for processing 4K video from the Mavic Pro cant process Mavic Air with info on it. It can process 4K video without the info on it with out a problem but when I take video with the info on it the machine can't do it. Its all jumpy like the cpu or graphics card just cant cope.
I shut everything ells down, restarted then replayed it a number of times to make sure it was in all the caches.
Even tried Turbo Boost switcher.
Any one else experienced this.
It looks as though the information in the video clip is way too much for my very expensive Mac.
Can anyone elaborate?
View attachment 32285
"somebody gonna get a hurt real bad"
Do you have a SD card with 100 mb/s support?

What do you mean by the video with info? Playing with the associated SRT file? I find my older (2014) Macbook Air plays 4k fine via QuickTime but VLC struggles and stutters. Quicktime however wont use the associated SRT file but VLC will.

Supposing you're playing with VLC if it loads the subtitle file, and yes it's known to not handle that smoothly. So move the SRT file away into another folder when using VLC to play the file. Or just play with Quicktime which won't load it (and be graphics accelerated unlike VLC).

You people are too smart for your own boots.
Formated the sd card in the Mavic Air. Thanks Kilrah. Worked fine when I removed the srt file in V/LC. Prior to that it worked fine in Quicktime.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada