DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tablet compatible with mavic mini

Alectroll66

Reactions
Hi all, just getting my mavic mini and want to use a tablet due to poor eyesight!!! Any recommendations as to one which will work with it? Specifically model numbers etc.

Many thanks 😊

Reactions: OptimaZe
Welcome to the forum from the outback of Australia. Mate I use a tripltek 7 for all of my Drones, both GO4 and fly as well as Litchi. Great for viewing with the 1200 nit screen. Hope this helps.
Regards

Reactions: RMS001
iPad mini 5 and iPad 5th gen. Find the iPad mini much lighter and it fits in the controller arms without a holder. But they both work fine and the iPad 5th gen screen is larger. So each has its benefits.

I would like to use a Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 SM-T387V on my Mini SE. I can't get the DJI Fly software to load. I downloaded Android Version V1.5.8 When it tries to load, I get "App not installed".
That particular model might be running a 32 bit OS and DJI Fly requires a 64 bit OS. I got the same message when I tried installing the App on both of my Samsung phones, but it installed without a hitch on my SM-T290.

I would like to use a Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 SM-T387V on my Mini SE. I can't get the DJI Fly software to load. I downloaded Android Version V1.5.8 When it tries to load, I get "App not installed".
Bill,

Here is a link to the spec on what I believe is your tablet:

It does appear to be 32 bit

Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 (2017)
Internal16GB 2GB RAM, 32GB 2GB RAM
eMMC 5.1

I believe the 2GB of ram might also be an issue. I am running the Asus Zenpad Z8s ZT582KL with DJI FLY and it is working out perfectly so far.

You can find them for $80 to $200

Reactions: OptimaZe
I bought a second hand iPad Air 1st Gen(cost just over £60 on eBay). Works fine.
I previously tried 2 Amazon Fire HD8 (after reading a list on the net), one 8th Gen and one 10th Gen, tried sideloading DJI FLY but neither were having it.
The iPad air1 is WIFI only 16GB but it was bought just to run DJI FLY.
Works a treat and with a 10" screen it's great for my dodgy eyesight. Was using an iPhone 6 Plus but my wife purloined that when her old phone packed in.
Remember you will probably need a longer cable to reach your tablet and a different holder to put it into the controller

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8", SM-T290 loaned to me for trying out on my MA 2. Now looking for some recommendations:
1. Good cord brands or links for RC to tablet
2. Screen shade
3. DJI GO 3 or 4, or DJI FLY?

Can confirm that a Samsung Tab S6 will definitely work (6GB ram), as will a Tab S7+ (though a bit insane to mount to even a tablet holder). While they don't say it on that list, I know a Tab A7 will work, just not as well as the S-Series (ie: gotta make sure everything else is closed).

Phone wise, I resurrected an old Motorola Z3 Play and unlocked it and installed a Android 12 rom, and worked just fine for DJI fly (latest android officially I think was 8.0 on that model). If you run into an issue where it won't show up in the play store simply because of the custom rom, it sometimes will still work if you download the APK directly from DJI's website, but as others said, it may not work if the architecture doesn't match.

Hi all, just getting my mavic mini and want to use a tablet due to poor eyesight!!! Any recommendations as to one which will work with it? Specifically model numbers etc.

Many thanks 😊
I just got a Fire 7 tablet to check out. Yeah, I know, it isn't 64 bit, but I wanted to load the DJI Fly app on it and see how far I could get. Using the browser that comes on the Fire, I navigated to the DJI Store, and finally found where they hid DJI Fly. I downloaded the .apk file, and tried to install it. It got close but then told me it didn't install. I knew I'd probably be stuck with my Galaxy S7 phone, which is compatible with DJI Fly. I may have to save up and get a new phone that is totally compatible with the app, and the drone.

Thanks Xvtownboy. I was hoping to stay below 10 inch. Even trying out a 7 inch tablet, I got a lanyard. I think 8 inch is my limit, but I'll check out the S-6.

Thanks Xvtownboy. I was hoping to stay below 10 inch. Even trying out a 7 inch tablet, I got a lanyard. I think 8 inch is my limit, but I'll check out the S-6.
Went with the Samsung Tab A7 Lite. Watched a good video where it was put through its paces with DJI Fly. Should get it from Walmart tomorrow.

Reactions: Xvtownboy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent