DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tablet Computer to use with my Mavic Pro

JohnFW

Reactions
I am a Mavic Pro owner for 20 months. I use my Samsung S7 Phone attached to my Controller. However, I am looking for a Tablet (preferably a Samsung), since I prefer to use a larger screen. Could anyone recommend an appropriate device that they have used?

I am a Mavic Pro owner for 20 months. I use my Samsung S7 Phone attached to my Controller. However, I am looking for a Tablet (preferably a Samsung), since I prefer to use a larger screen. Could anyone recommend an appropriate device that they have used?

I too was using a Samsung S7 with my Mavic Pro but decided that a bigger screen would be nicer. I bought a PGYTech Pad Holder for $25 (I think there was a $10 discount at the time) and use it to attach an iPad Pro. I'm very happy with it.

There are hundreds of posts regarding this topic on the forum - suggest searching back through to get more opinions. If I hadn't already owned the iPad I would now buy the recently released iPad Mini because it's a lot lighter and there is no need to use an add-on tablet holder.

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
Samsung is releasing their new Tab S5E on April 26 check the specs. Very bright AMOLED 10.1 inch screen 4 gig ram 64/128 gig internal storage 3 separate processors WiFi $399. I use the Tab A 10.1 now with HoodMan Aviator hood to block out the bright ambient light. Works well.

I too was using a Samsung S7 with my Mavic Pro but decided that a bigger screen would be nicer. I bought a PGYTech Pad Holder for $25 (I think there was a $10 discount at the time) and use it to attach an iPad Pro. I'm very happy with it.

There are hundreds of posts regarding this topic on the forum - suggest searching back through to get more opinions. If I hadn't already owned the iPad I would now buy the recently released iPad Mini because it's a lot lighter and there is no need to use an add-on tablet holder.
Thanks for your responses and the references to the useful links. Very helpful. Will certainly guide my decision.

Samsung is releasing their new Tab S5E on April 26 check the specs. Very bright AMOLED 10.1 inch screen 4 gig ram 64/128 gig internal storage 3 separate processors WiFi $399. I use the Tab A 10.1 now with HoodMan Aviator hood to block out the bright ambient light. Works well.

That looks ideal for those who prefer Android especially if the screen is as bright as promised. Great price too - same as the new iPad Mini.

Has the Hoodman worked well on the S5e. Which model Hoodman. Easy to access the screen.

The controller is not a good design for mounting anything larger than a phone or 8 inch tablet.
I have used a Samsung 10.5 inch Tab S for my Mavic Pro.
Great size for seeing what the drone sees, but it's really heavy and wants to rotate the tablet and controller. I have a couple of mounts to use, and both do that.
I would think a smaller tablet would be much better in the long run. Maybe the Samsung 8 inch Tab A might be a better choice.
Must say that most of the time I use my Samsung S8 phone since I really have problems connecting to the drone with either one of these devices. The Tab S is so heavy it becomes frustrating trying MANY times to connect. So lately I just go with my phone.

The controller is not a good design for mounting anything larger than a phone or 8 inch tablet.
I have used a Samsung 10.5 inch Tab S for my Mavic Pro.
Great size for seeing what the drone sees, but it's really heavy and wants to rotate the tablet and controller. I have a couple of mounts to use, and both do that.
I would think a smaller tablet would be much better in the long run. Maybe the Samsung 8 inch Tab A might be a better choice.
Must say that most of the time I use my Samsung S8 phone since I really have problems connecting to the drone with either one of these devices. The Tab S is so heavy it becomes frustrating trying MANY times to connect. So lately I just go with my phone.
I have a Pro and an Air 2. I use the Samsung S5e. Light, with a bright screen. I find it the perfect tablet.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo