DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tablet does not connect to remote control using longer cable

Nifty

Reactions
I mistakenly posted this in the wrong group so here is another try.....

Afternoon,
The tablet is a Teclast T30 with a USB C Connection. It works perfectly with the DJI 4in (100mm) original cable supplied with the MM2 but when I try longer USB MicroMini to USB C cables I get the error message "RC Not connected to mobile device". What I am looking for is a Brand name or suggestions for a cable that is longer than 100mm so I can use my tablet with the remote control. My feeling is that the el-cheapo Chinese junk cables from EBay are only one way not data even though they are advertised as such.

I look forward to your help
Neville
Queensland (Regional)
Australia

You are not the only one with this kind of frustration. ?
One day I collected all the USB micro and C cables, I tested one by one and the half of them end up in the rubbish bin.
First of all , there are two different kinds of USB cable, the ones that gives only power and the other that also transfer data. I prefer just to keep the data ones.
Second , some inputs are bad, they are not fit well and crack. If I am suspicious, I throw them straight to the rubbish bin. ?
I got some nice black ones from reject shop, like black ribbons , type C and micro, I am happy with them. Also recently I found mini adaptors type C to micro, or opposite I don't remember... In reject shop too. I believe they are good. If they are not I am guilty ?.

Do your data cable have this symbol in one end?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-01-12-14-05-18-03_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-01-12-14-05-18-03_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpg
    507.4 KB · Views: 21
[....] What I am looking for is a Brand name or suggestions for a cable that is longer than 100mm so I can use my tablet with the remote control. My feeling is that the el-cheapo Chinese junk cables from EBay are only one way not data even though they are advertised as such.
Hi,
I connected 1m and 2m long USB-C <-> USB-C cables to the controller and my iPad Pro - cables are made by Baseus (bought from AliExpress). Most of the Baseus USB-C cables are USB 3.1 Gen 1 or even Gen 2 data cables so I believe any Baseus cable marked as USB 3.1 with 60W or 100W of power delivery should be ok. Of course, I have not checked all types of cables, but so far, their cables never failed my expectations.

Cheers.

Morning Everybody,
Thanks for the info but it looks like I have a lemon. My DJI controller Model MR1SS5 only has a MicroUSB port not a USB C as everyone seems to refer to.
Neville
In Rural Queensland
Australia

Morning Everybody,
Thanks for the info but it looks like I have a lemon. My DJI controller Model MR1SS5 only has a MicroUSB port not a USB C as everyone seems to refer to.
If it works with the short cable but not your longer one, that just indiclong cable is the problem and it should work with another one.
Just go down to Officeworks, Kmart or similar and get a different cable.

Reactions: iamcostas
USB cables are one the things where spending an extra couple of bucks for a cable pays off. Look for a braided cable, they tend to last longer. I've had good luck with Hanatara brand cables on Amazon.

Morning Everybody,
Neville
In Rural Queensland
Australia
Are you sure you don't have a Mini (1) rather than a Mini 2? The remote model you describe is for the Mini, not the MM2.
I was wondering why you referred to a micro cable when you have a tablet with a C port. The MM2 remote is all C ports.

The MM1 requires a Micro USB OTG cable or adapter, with the OTG wiring on the Micro side.

I went with the adapter route as then I can use any standard data cable I want, but I found it put stress on the micro port which either loosened the adapter plug, or *gasp* the port. It became a bit touchy maintaining a data connection.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143