DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

tablet for dji fly

teccer

Reactions
I want an 8" android tablet maybe with an hdmi socket to use my goggles that will work for dji fly,,,,,,,,,,dji mini2
any info, I've looked at the list but theres 100s to choose from, what are you useing

Last edited:
I want an 8" android tablet maybe with an hdmi socket to use my goggles that will work for dji fly,,,,,,,,,,dji mini2
any info, I've looked at the list but theres 100s to choose from, what are you useing
I have used a Winnovo T10 android tablet with my mini. It runs the Fly app and has HDMI out. In my case I had the original Fatshark goggles from about 8 years ago and had to use a converter from the Tablet's HDMI signal to a lower resolution composite signal as my goggles did not have HDMI in.

I no longer use it as the mini will handle FPV VR mode with 3rd party apps like Maven and Litchi. I can take my phone from the controller and pop it into a cheap headset for the VR experience. I went that way because the 3rd party apps give the Mini waypoints, Panoramas, HDR, Follow etc., that I don't get from the Fly app. This Maven/Litchi option isn't available to mini 2 owners yet...

many thanks for your replies, as IWS said no litchi on the mini2 yet, shame as I have always used that instead of the dji app for many years, maybe in a short time that will change, as for a tablet I've now settled on getting a Samsung tabA8 I know it does not have HDMI but that's life.
thanks again Ray

Hey brother I am pretty much in the same boat you are and I have been doing a bunch of looking for a GREAT android 8 inch tablet and I have come across the NVIDIA SHIELD 8 INCH TABLET it has more than enough power to run the FLY APP and I have found them on AMAZON for $199.99 now it's geared up for serious gaming and it's got a AWESOME NVIDIA processor and a NVIDIA graphics card and so when I seen all of the specs for it I made up my mind right there to get it and also I did see them for cheaper pricing on EBAY and a few other sites but I'm going to get it from AMAZON and from what I have been reading about it NVIDIA is still updating it I hope that this helps you out and GOD BLESS YOU ALWAYS AND FOREVER ✝️✝️✝️ SINCERELY CLAY B.

Hey brother I am pretty much in the same boat you are and I have been doing a bunch of looking for a GREAT android 8 inch tablet and I have come across the NVIDIA SHIELD 8 INCH TABLET it has more than enough power to run the FLY APP and I have found them on AMAZON for $199.99 now it's geared up for serious gaming and it's got a AWESOME NVIDIA processor and a NVIDIA graphics card and so when I seen all of the specs for it I made up my mind right there to get it and also I did see them for cheaper pricing on EBAY and a few other sites but I'm going to get it from AMAZON and from what I have been reading about it NVIDIA is still updating it I hope that this helps you out and GOD BLESS YOU ALWAYS AND FOREVER ✝️✝️✝️ SINCERELY CLAY B.
I'm sorry brother I forgot to say that it has a HDMI port!!!? GOD BLESS ✝️

The Nvidia Shield K1 doesn't work with the fly app. I sold mine when it didn't work with the fly app. I ended up getting an Asus Zenpad Z8s that works fine. I used to use my Shield K1 for my Autel XSP.

Last edited:
Reactions: CLAYB.7
The Nvidia Shield K1 doesn't work with the fly app. I sold mine when it didn't work with the fly app. I ended up getting an Asus Zenpad Z8s that works fine. I used to use my Shield K1 for my Autel XSP.
OH DANG BROTHER THAT REALLY BUMS ME OUT ISN'T THAT K1 THE STRONGEST OUT OF THE 2 SHIELD TABLETS BROTHER?

OH DANG BROTHER THAT REALLY BUMS ME OUT ISN'T THAT K1 THE STRONGEST OUT OF THE 2 SHIELD TABLETS BROTHER?
Not too sure. I just know that it doesn't work for the DJI Fly app. I'm guessing it's because it has a 32 bit OS. The tablet is actually pretty old. I couldn't even side load it. I even tried it again after loading a custom ROM and still no go.

I'm sorry brother I forgot to say that it has a HDMI port!!!? GOD BLESS ✝️
looks like somebody beat me to it but I've already got the Nvida Shield K1 and as the last post said it will not work with DJI fly, it need 64bit and the nvidia has only got 32 bit, it's ok with my P3P but not the Mini2, that's why I'm now getting a samsung tabA8, I know it doesnt have HDMI but I'll put up with that and only use my headplay goggles with my P3P if or when I ever use it again

Got a Lenovo M10, but it has not HDMI port. Just got it for my Air2 and it works good. Much better than a phone for sure.

Not sure if it's the tablet or the connector cord, but if the tablet like goes to sleep, then the video feed seems to not come back up when connecting aircraft. Maybe just shutting the whole setup down in future when moving to other sites will work better.

looks like somebody beat me to it but I've already got the Nvida Shield K1 and as the last post said it will not work with DJI fly, it need 64bit and the nvidia has only got 32 bit, it's ok with my P3P but not the Mini2, that's why I'm now getting a samsung tabA8, I know it doesnt have HDMI but I'll put up with that and only use my headplay goggles with my P3P if or when I ever use it again
THANK YOU brother for the info on the shield cuz yeah I would have been sick if I pulled the trigger on it and got it home and then find out it would not work so I guess I'll be checking out the SAMSUNG TABS and go in that direction and you sound like you are neglecting your P3P just like I'm doing the same to old SPARKY LOL HA HA HA HA HA HA HA ? I have not even come close to flying it since I got my MINI 2 I guess I should take it out for a 12 minute flight and I guess that my MINI 2 has ruined me forever by giving me 25-27 minute flights I am just saying that this thing is a TROOPER!!! THANK YOU AGAIN BROTHER FOR THE HELP WITH THE INFO ON THE TABLETS AND HAPPY FLYING AND GOD BLESS YOU ALWAYS AND FOREVER SINCERELY CLAY B.✝️

If you want a tablet that is as bright as the crystal sky and does not have a crippled app store then get a Tripltek tablet. Works with all android apps, runs litchi just fine and is super bright.

If you want a tablet that is as bright as the crystal sky and does not have a crippled app store then get a Tripltek tablet. Works with all android apps, runs litchi just fine and is super bright.
just checked out the price of the tripltex tablet, WOW I suppose you get what you pay for, the samsung tab A I've just bought new cost $140, I've only seen about 4 tablets before (friends) and it's brighter that all of them

I think if I added up all the phones, tablets and sunshades I bought in the last 4 years the Tripltek was a steal. I use it for all my drones. The only downside is it's pretty heavy.

Does anybody have experience if Huawei MediaPad 5 Lite 10.1 also is 64bit architecture, so it would work with DJI Fly?
I'm pretty sure it will work because it's a 64bit architecture OS, but if it is running a MEDIATEC PROCESSOR (I GUESS I SPELLED IT RIGHT!) LOL HA HA HA HA HA ? it's probably going to give you some trouble because I have been reading and seeing where that (MEDIATEC PROCESSOR) has been giving some guys trouble here and there when flying our (DJI-MAVIC MINI 2 AND MAVIC AIR 2) with using the DJI FLY APP and all of the ones that were using a device that was running a (MEDIATEC PROCESSOR) but I don't know if they have come up with a fix for it here lately with a software update I have not seen anything about it lately I do know that the newer (SAMSUNG GALAXY TABLET S5,S6,S7 SERIES) work completely AWESOME!!! But I'm seriously thinking about waiting for the new APPLE IPAD MINI-6 to come out on (MARCH 16, 2021) according to the reports, so when they decide to go ahead and start selling it I'll probably go ahead and buy it for my (DJI-MAVIC-MINI-2) right now I have been using my SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 10 which works like a full blooded champ!!! the only issue if you want to call it that is I can barely see the screen sometimes because of the sun glare but that is hit and miss but other than that it's AWESOME!!! My Brother I truly hope that this helps you out with your DJI MAVIC MINI 2 being able to fly it and enjoy your flight I'd probably try and go with a IPAD MINI-4,5,6 the 4 will work but it's going to be completely killed off by Apple soon and you can find a IPAD MINI 5 REFURBISHED on AMAZON for a good price you only need a WI-FI version of it I've seen them on AMAZON for in between ($275.00--$400.00) it just depends on how used it is and the condition of it it's got a 7.9 inch size screen and I seen that the IPAD MINI 6 is going to be a little bit bigger than that it's going to have a 8.4 inch size screen but Brother I truly appreciate your time and GOD BLESS YOU ALWAYS AND FOREVER SINCERELY CLAY B.✝️✝️✝️

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme