DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tablet for Mavic 3 needed - iPad mini 3 sucks

SubsonicSmoof

Reactions
Hi guys,

i was happy flying my M2P and Mini2 with an iPad mini 3. It's massive laggy and has distored video transmission with Mavic 3.

Any recommendations for a tablet for the Mavic 3. I'm using the tablet only for the drone.
Screen size should be between 8-12, 500 nits (iPad mini 3) is a must.

A big thanks in advance for your recomendations.

Reactions: MA2 317
Android verses IOS may be a consideration. I’m waiting on the updated mini6 arrival that I’ve read about but not holding my breath. May be just a rumor on the current mini6 screen issue.

Android verses IOS may be a consideration. I’m waiting on the updated mini6 arrival that I’ve read about but not holding my breath. May be just a rumor on the current mini6 screen issue.
What do you know about the Mini 6 and screen issues? Is there an upgraded MODEL coming, like a Mini 6s or are they going to fix something that isn't working in the current model? 500 nits isn't a lot out doors.

My conundrum is that my other half just bought (ordered) a Mini 6 for my birthday last week, scheduled to be delivered after the 1st of the year. And yes, Android vs Apple is a consideration.

For flying I would rather have the Tripletek 8" but worried about the weight and question if it has equal functionality to the Mini 6.

I could use some encouragement that the Tripltek, other than being brighter than an iPad or iPhone will be equally functional as I am considering getting this instead of the Mini6. Comparative camera quality is not an issue as I anticipate getting an iPhone 13 pro max some time next year as it will (should?) work with my existing hand held gimbal and be better for photos/video anyway. I can buy the iPhone any time as I have money set aside for it now.

Edit: I am so on the fence and going back and forth. One fellow on the Autel forum said that adding the Tripltek and a mount is like carrying a Nikon DLSR with a 12" lens. Perhaps a bit of exaggeration, but that's what worries me; the tradeoff of weight vs brightness.

Last edited:
I’m using the Mini 6 for my M3, however, I am a bit disappointed in the nits.
Also the Mini 6 is noticeably heavier than my old Mini 4 which was also much brighter. No processing issues whatsoever with the 6 though. Just need to get a sun shade to make it worth using.

Here’s what I found.

Here’s what I found.

Just be careful on this - the current USB-C iPad Pro's aren't working with DJI Fly. Any of the Apple devices with a lightning port seem to work just fine, but for now Apple iPadOS devices with USB C seem like a no-go.

The only DJI product in the fleet that uses the Fly app( I do have a different name for it that can’t be mentioned here)is the FPV. If it didn’t fly with goggles, it wouldn’t be in the group.
I am trying to be careful since the mini6 in the configuration that I want exceeds the 700.00 mark. Rumors are just that and I’m not in a hurry as the mini5 is working well. I’m after the newer processor.

Hi guys,

i was happy flying my M2P and Mini2 with an iPad mini 3. It's massive laggy and has distored video transmission with Mavic 3.

Any recommendations for a tablet for the Mavic 3. I'm using the tablet only for the drone.

I bought an Ipad mini 5 to use with my Air2s and used it with my friend Mavic 3 with no problems. He is using his Ipad mini 4 also with no problems. I'm in the process of buying the bigger size screen Ipad Gen8 due to my poor vision. My mini 5 will be going on Ebay as soon as my larger screen one arrives. My mini 5 is only 5 months old just incase your interested. asking price will be 275.00 with USPS priority shipping included.

What do you know about the Mini 6 and screen issues? Is there an upgraded MODEL coming, like a Mini 6s or are they going to fix something that isn't working in the current model? 500 nits isn't a lot out doors.

My conundrum is that my other half just bought (ordered) a Mini 6 for my birthday last week, scheduled to be delivered after the 1st of the year. And yes, Android vs Apple is a consideration.

For flying I would rather have the Tripletek 8" but worried about the weight and question if it has equal functionality to the Mini 6.

I could use some encouragement that the Tripltek, other than being brighter than an iPad or iPhone will be equally functional as I am considering getting this instead of the Mini6. Comparative camera quality is not an issue as I anticipate getting an iPhone 13 pro max some time next year as it will (should?) work with my existing hand held gimbal and be better for photos/video anyway. I can buy the iPhone any time as I have money set aside for it now.

Edit: I am so on the fence and going back and forth. One fellow on the Autel forum said that adding the Tripltek and a mount is like carrying a Nikon DLSR with a 12" lens. Perhaps a bit of exaggeration, but that's what worries me; the tradeoff of weight vs brightness.
I have a Tripltek 7" pro version,the older version before they came out with the 8" pro model.
This tablet replaces my older iphone,I have no problem with seeing the screen in the brightest
sun light.and I only run the brightness level at 85%.
After using this tablet I will never go back to a phone of anykind or any other tablet.
it is on the heavy side,I use it with my mavic air 2 and a mount made by mavmount so most of the
weight is actually over the controller ,not too bad for balance but easily usable.
Just my opinion on this.

Reactions: MA2 317
I bought an Ipad mini 5 to use with my Air2s and used it with my friend Mavic 3 with no problems. He is using his Ipad mini 4 also with no problems. I'm in the process of buying the bigger size screen Ipad Gen8 due to my poor vision. My mini 5 will be going on Ebay as soon as my larger screen one arrives. My mini 5 is only 5 months old just incase your interested. asking price will be 275.00 with USPS priority shipping included.
Any of the tablets made by Tripltek.Would not use anything else.

For a tablet, I've been using my Samsung Tab S7 (4G but without SIM). It has a big and fairly bright screen. Usually the screen brightness is sufficient even in sunlight, when I can turn my back at the Sun, but in places where I have to actually maintain VLOS (as opposed to merely fly within limits), there are cases when I can't use myself as a sunshade and I could use a little more screen brightness. If my memory serves me, Tab S7 has a brightness of about 800 Nits.

When my previous phone started to show signs of old age (no more security updates, for example), I wanted an Android phone that's as much hassle-free as possible. As much I wanted to keep my distance to Chinese phones, I ended up buying a Xiaomi MI 11 5G 12/256GB model. I believe this is the only phone that runs real Android (not OxygenOS), was released in 2021, is "officially" supported by DJI and has a big and bright screen (6.8", 1100 - 1500 Nits, depending on whom you ask from). The MI 11 can be used in the Mavic 3 controller (without an additional tablet holder) even in a protective case.

Just be careful on this - the current USB-C iPad Pro's aren't working with DJI Fly. Any of the Apple devices with a lightning port seem to work just fine, but for now Apple iPadOS devices with USB C seem like a no-go.
I’ve been using an iPad Pro with USB-C for a few weeks now on the Mavic 3 and have not had any issues with the connection. Have 2 different chords and both work just fine.

Started with a Mini 4, thought about a Mini 5, ended up with the 7" Tripltek Pro. ☺️

Reactions: Wreckhunter
Hi guys,

Recommend the Tripltek 8 pro. 1200 nit and military grade construction. Just got mine and love it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851