DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tablet for Mavic Air 2

Is there a tablet in the $150 range that will work with the Mavic Air 2?
when you say “work with”, do you mean will it fit in the spring loaded holder? Or if it will work “technically”?
I ordered a small bracket that is meant to hold an Ipad (or something similar in size) in the controller. I think my only problem is getting a cable to reach from the controller to the Ipad port.
I believe that as long as a tablet has a LIGHTNING, MICRO or USB-C port it should be fine.

Reactions: Bryant_Pham
No, I don’t think there is a tablet under 150 that has the processing power to use DJI Fly, by default the tablet will need a full 64 bit architecture (cpu and data bus) to even load DJI Fly from the play store or apple store.

Even when it loads the cpu may not be powerful enough to handle the video feed without lagging or break up.

The safest is to go with what DJI recommends.

The cheapest tablet I know of which others claim to work with DJI FLY is the Samsung T290 8" screen but it needs to be model T290NZKAXAR which I believe is model marketed in USA by Samsung. It has a 64 bit processor AND Android 64 bit version operating system both of which must exist.

I did a search in the forum and read, research them all.

I would like to get a cheap android but did not want to take a chance to match up a cheap tablet with a expensive drone.

Long story short I went with the iPad mini 5 even though I hate apple but it was worth it.

The cheapest tablet I know of which others claim to work with DJI FLY is the Samsung T290 8" screen but it needs to be model T290NZKAXAR which I believe is model marketed in USA by Samsung. It has a 64 bit processor AND Android 64 bit version operating system both of which must exist.
I purchased the t290 8" from walmart. I returned it two days later. During a 20 minute flight the video stopped and started almost continues. It even disconnected totally twice. I used a high end 12 inch data cable as well. I even tried the stock cable.

I purchased the t290 8" from walmart. I returned it two days later. During a 20 minute flight the video stopped and started almost continues. It even disconnected totally twice. I used a high end 12 inch data cable as well. I even tried the stock cable.
I also had the exact same experience with this same Android tablet...bought an iPad Mini 5 and haven't had any issues since...shhhh!!!

If you are looking at used get the Asus zenpad z8s. Can be had for $100 ish on eBay.

Reactions: wali
Words to remember - "You get what you pay for" - while we all understand no one wants to spend money unnecessarily, to really make sure you are getting the best value and highest visual and functional quality, PRICE should not be the primary factor. It can be a mitigating factor, but I suggest you focus on Size, Brightness, CPU/Ram, Reliability, etc. (not necessarily in order)

A four or five hundred dollar new Tablet (or maybe $200-$300 used tablet) that has the best possible specs will give you significantly more enjoyment over the long haul than a cheap $150 tablet ever could.

Good luck my friend, hope you find what you are looking for.

Reactions: Thanev and Tweeter
Words to remember - "You get what you pay for" - while we all understand no one wants to spend money unnecessarily, to really make sure you are getting the best value and highest visual and functional quality, PRICE should not be the primary factor. It can be a mitigating factor, but I suggest you focus on Size, Brightness, CPU/Ram, Reliability, etc. (not necessarily in order)

A four or five hundred dollar new Tablet (or maybe $200-$300 used tablet) that has the best possible specs will give you significantly more enjoyment over the long haul than a cheap $150 tablet ever could.

The Huawei media pad works fine

For less than 150 $ you have a Xiaomi MiPad 4, with android 10 working PERFECTLY, a flight companion is using it and is very happy. If you want it with GPS make sure it is the LTE version.

I invested in a $120 used tablet. Asus zenpad z8s. Instantly returned my $400 iPad mini. You just have to do research and know what you are buying.

Will an iPad Air 2 work with the MA2?
It is the DJI Fly app that has to work on first.

I do not see it on the list.

If you do a search on this forum then some say it does.

Last edited:
I've been wanting to get a tablet to use with my MA2 as well. I was using a Nexus 7 for my Spark, but it doesn't have the requirements for the app. I do have a 11in iPad pro, but that's too large for me to use with the controller. Maybe I will just try to find a iPad mini 5 that's used or something or just keep using my OnePlus 7 Pro for now. If anyone used the iPad pro let me know what you think? Maybe with my insight it may change my mind.

I've been wanting to get a tablet to use with my MA2 as well. I was using a Nexus 7 for my Spark, but it doesn't have the requirements for the app. I do have a 11in iPad pro, but that's too large for me to use with the controller. Maybe I will just try to find a iPad mini 5 that's used or something or just keep using my OnePlus 7 Pro for now. If anyone used the iPad pro let me know what you think? Maybe with my insight it may change my mind.
I've used my 11" iPad Pro once or twice, but it's big so I bought a iPad Air 3, that was also bigger than I really wanted so I ended up with the iPad mini 5.

I have the Thor mount and with that the 11 Pro is not too bad but it's still BIG for flying. I use the Pro for editing.

Reactions: FlyersFreedom
I have a dumb question which I will apologize in advance for...I’m Sorry lol
Simply put...WiFi, Cellular, or both??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy