DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tablet for Mavic Mini

Surfnut

Reactions
Hi guys. I’ve been using my mobile for my Mini thus far, but find reading the tiny symbols in DjiGo nigh on impossible in strong sunlight, so I’m looking for an 8” tablet to use instead. Hopefully without paying a fortune as I ll only be using it for this which rules out iPads I think. It needs to be at least Android 9 so it’s not gonna be discontinued soon after I buy it, have suffucient hardware so there s no lag when using it, and finally work flawlessly with the DjiGo app. You might think why don’t I just check the compatibility list, but I’ve nearly ordered two virtually obsolete models, before deciding the best way is to ask you guys who are currently using them. Any help and advice greatly appreciated...

Hi guys. I’ve been using my mobile for my Mini thus far, but find reading the tiny symbols in DjiGo nigh on impossible in strong sunlight, so I’m looking for an 8” tablet to use instead. Hopefully without paying a fortune as I ll only be using it for this which rules out iPads I think. It needs to be at least Android 9 so it’s not gonna be discontinued soon after I buy it, have suffucient hardware so there s no lag when using it, and finally work flawlessly with the DjiGo app. You might think why don’t I just check the compatibility list, but I’ve nearly ordered two virtually obsolete models, before deciding the best way is to ask you guys who are currently using them. Any help and advice greatly appreciated...
Following!

This is Mavic Mini, it uses DJI Fly app. Is that what you meant ?

What is your price range? Look into refurbished ipads, they can be surprisingly cheap.

Hard to beat the iPad Mini! But that’s coming from an old time Apple fanboy!

Hi bud...

Got cheapo ONN 8 tablet from walmart...65$ can...android 9...the thing is amazingly working well with DJI Fly!

shhhhh...well kept secret...lol :)

Yes, Dji Fly sorry
Blessyou Capt, but thats not available here in the UK
Manx. I think you re right. Trouble is, every time I fly it Im terrified Im gonna lose it. Need a bigger screen asap
Max, I had a min2 n lost it. Ive now been told I d need at east the ipad mini 4. Its too much for something they ll be replacing anytime...
Hashboy, I will but I was hoping around the £85-110 mark...
Thanks for all the replies guys. Tbh I didnt think anyone would respond.
I think its bizarre that the worlds biggest drone makes can release a new drone, and their customers are scratching around to find a tablet they can fly it with...

Reactions: MaxE1955!
MAx, which ipad are you using and does it work perfectly?
IPad Mini 4 and I have never experienced a single issue with any of my drones I use with it. It works like it was made for it.

Reactions: pelagic_one
Yes, Dji Fly sorry
Blessyou Capt, but thats not available here in the UK
Manx. I think you re right. Trouble is, every time I fly it Im terrified Im gonna lose it. Need a bigger screen asap
Max, I had a min2 n lost it. Ive now been told I d need at east the ipad mini 4. Its too much for something they ll be replacing anytime...
Hashboy, I will but I was hoping around the £85-110 mark...
Thanks for all the replies guys. Tbh I didnt think anyone would respond.
I think its bizarre that the worlds biggest drone makes can release a new drone, and their customers are scratching around to find a tablet they can fly it with...
You can pick up a refurbished iPad mini with 32gb for a lot less than new, and you don’t need Cellular, just a basic model will work fine. That’s what I have.

Reactions: Surfnut and hashfly
Exactly. That’s the one I use.

I’m using an Ipad air 2 with Skyreat holder. Will never go back to my Iphone XR.
only thing ... neither will give up the .dat files.
Folder is empty.

Reactions: MaxE1955!
I'm not any help on the Android side...have only used an iPhone 6s and just got a cellular iPad mini 5 for my old eyes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143