DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

tablet for mini 2

mittens531

Reactions
Hello,

Since my Moto G Power phone won't connect with the controller, I've thought maybe I should get a tablet. I'd want to make SURE that it was compatible. Any suggestions?

Hello,

Since my Moto G Power phone won't connect with the controller, I've thought maybe I should get a tablet. I'd want to make SURE that it was compatible. Any suggestions?
There are a number of threads that talk about this. Just use the search function and look for Mini 2 tablet.

I have a Mini 2 and a M3 that I use my Iphone on and it works very well as it fits onto the controller without any adapter. When you start using tablets some things are better some worse depending on perspective.

I personally have decided to get a Tripltek 8 tablet to use as my drone screen. Reviews are good and I should have it in hand any day now.

Suggest if you go with it order via Amazon as they have a great return policy.

Reactions: Gary R and MA2 317
I use an Ipad. Not a pro, not an air, just an ipad. I think the latest generation but I don't keep track. It is equipped with cell reception. Works just fine with mini2, M2p, and Air2. Used to use androids but they gave me fits. The ipad just works. No muss no fuss.

Reactions: mittens531
I have just purchased a HUAWEI-MEDIPAD M5 LITE-32GB-SILVER-TABLET-WIFI-10.1"-BAH2-W19
on ebay wifi only and the compass works so my search is over thanks to this forum 💻
cost less than £100 second hand but in great condition

I use the Samsung TAB A (T290) $99 from Best Buy which works fine on my Mav 3, Air 2s and Mini 2. Just have to sideload the app from the website. Won't show up in play store. Tip....get an anti glare screen protector from Amazon for like $10.

Reactions: mittens531
Newbie here both to the Mini2 and forum. How do you manage using a tablet and the controller at the same time? I mean how do you hold the controller with two hands and hold the tablet to see. Sorry for the dumb question!

Hi.You need to get a tablet holder that fits into the phone mount on the controller.Google it there are plenty videos

A member here, Tufargon suggested the Asus Zenpad Z8s and have been running it for the past couple weeks and really like it. Downloaded the DJI app directly from their site through the tablet via your home WIFI for installation of the Fly App. It's been performing real well, even for my old tired eyes. The brightness is better than my S8.

Asus Zenpad Z8s ZT582KL - Full tablet specifications

www.gsmarena.com www.gsmarena.com

And if you pick one up and ever need to replace the battery.

For the MA2 controller I picked up one of these to extend the mount for the larger tablet and it works well (another excellent suggestion from Tufargon)

Reactions: Jam0ne
You might want to do a search on the site I believe there is a requirement for 64 with the Fly app but I may be mistaken.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada