Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

Tablet for monitor?

AirBear

Could I use an older tablet I have laying around instead of my smartphone. The Samsung 7" Tablet runs Android 4.4 - 8 gb - 1.3 mhz.

AirBear

I'd be OK doing that, would it matter that I would not be activating the phone feature to use is simply for WiFi to the net and wired to the Pro controller? I know zippo about Apple products.

Mossiback

I'd be OK doing that, would it matter that I would not be activating the phone feature to use is simply for WiFi to the net and wired to the Pro controller? I know zippo about Apple products.
You do not need any phone feature for a tablet to run Go 4, just an internet connection to download the program.

Meta4

Could I use an older tablet I have laying around instead of my smartphone. The Samsung 7" Tablet runs Android 4.4 - 8 gb - 1.3 mhz.
The DJI Go 4 app is very demanding and requires a fast processor and plenty of RAM.
If you are intending to try an old clunker of a tablet, be prepared for disappointing performance.
But it's easy and costs nothing to try it out.

DanMan32

Might help us help you better if you provided the specific model you have.

I can say the Tab E, at least the 9.7" is problematic, even for P3A using Go 3 app.

JDawg

Have run the 2018 iPad 9.7 with the MavMount the last 2 days and I am very happy, Was using an i6 and then an X recently and did not know what I was missing. For a few hundred dollars it was worth the upgrade.

AirBear

Thanks again for the responses. The problem I have been having in a new Android based tablet has been the thickness, I like the way the Mini4 fits the controller without an extra bracket. Saw that set-up on a Drone Valley video.

Inspirephil

I use the 9.7” iPad (32gb) for flying my Inspire 2 and I use the iPad mini 4 (refurbished 128gb I purchased from Best Buy $199) for flying my M2P. Phones just don’t provide enough viewing surface for my liking.

Inspirephil

Thanks again for the responses. The problem I have been having in a new Android based tablet has been the thickness, I like the way the Mini4 fits the controller without an extra bracket. Saw that set-up on a Drone Valley video.
AirBear- I really like your member icon of Wiley Coyote! One of my favorite cartoon characters of all time. :))

Inspirephil

Apple products are absolutely simple to learn and use to fly your drone with. Go for it!! You won’t be disappointed by going that route.

Jalatta

Thanks for the help. I will definitely look to go the IPad Mini4 route as a monitor.
I started with a Galaxy S7 which works great but switched to a refurbished mini 4. There are a few differences between the two screens because of the different apps, Android vs Apple.
However, the iPad screen is better due to its size. The mini 4 is thinner then it's predecessors so I use a Skyreat holder.

After seeing it recommended on this forum I'm asking Santa for a Fire 8 HD (refurbished) with an Fstop mount . Looked pretty impressive when I researched it and the price is pretty good too.

cliff

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ipilot320