DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tablet help

ElkySS

Reactions
I ordered a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 64 GB Wifi Tablet to use with my MA2. I just read on the in the discussion forums that this tablet is weird. I guess it's a 64bit tablet but for some reason has a 32bit Rom on it. Dji fly requires 64bit. Has anybody gotten dji fly to work on this tablet? If so how? Mine will be here tomorrow but it sounds like (I hope not) I need to return straight away and find a different 10 inch tablet.

I ordered a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 64 GB Wifi Tablet to use with my MA2. I just read on the in the discussion forums that this tablet is weird. I guess it's a 64bit tablet but for some reason has a 32bit Rom on it. Dji fly requires 64bit. Has anybody gotten dji fly to work on this tablet? If so how? Mine will be here tomorrow but it sounds like (I hope not) I need to return straight away and find a different 10 inch tablet.

On second thoughts don't get any Samsung tablets, just go with an Ipad Mini 5, it's brighter at 500nits and much more poweful. you won't have any pixelation or lagging of the video

On the other hand are you used to using Android or Apple.
I got an iPad hated everything about the thing so reverted to my trusty Samsung tablet.
Used with a Pro & Pro 2.

This particular model was confirmed NOT compatible with the Fly app so don't waste your time with it.

There are better alternatives like the Samsung Tab S5E, Tab S6, Tab S4, and a bunch others.

There's tonnes of information already on here, the search function is your best friend.

Reactions: dawgpilot
Welllllllll I just ordered a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1, 128 GB wifi. Some members on the CommercialDronePilots forum are using the Tab A and they seem to tolerate the heat better. I also have an Android phone already and the iPAD, even though called a mini, is still larger then my wallet could afford :D
@lannes - I know we discussed the nits and I may regret the Tab A, but hopefully not?

Welllllllll I just ordered a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1, 128 GB wifi. Some members on the CommercialDronePilots forum are using the Tab A and they seem to tolerate the heat better. I also have an Android phone already and the iPAD, even though called a mini, is still larger then my wallet could afford :D
@lannes - I know we discussed the nits and I may regret the Tab A, but hopefully not?

That will work with DJI Go 4, but not DJI Fly due to the 64 bit requirement.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike