DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tablet Holding Brackets

tracer bullet

Reactions
I'm new here, but I promise I have nothing to do with a product I'm going to recommend people compare to if / when they are considering a tablet holder: Amazon.com: Drone Fans Mavic Pro Spark Remote Controller 7.9in 9.7in Tablet Support Bracket Tablet Clamp with Dual Rings Won't Block Screen Black: Toys & Games

I have an Nvidia Shield, I considered an ipad mini so I could stick it right to the bottom of the controller but I didn't want to go buy a new tablet or deal with Craiglist or ebay. I bit the bullet and reverted the Shield software from Nougat to Marshmallow (long story for anyone not a Shield owner) and once I knew the tablet would work decide to get a holder for it. I'd been simply laying the Shield against my camera bag aka Mavic carrying case and connecting to the remote via a long cable, but decided to try to keep things more compact.

The clips linked above slide into the remote arms from the bottom and hold fairly tightly. Then the clips can be moved inwards to grab the edge of the tablet. Afterwards you can set the tablet low in the clips if you want to see the remote, or higher in them if you don't care and just use the tablet screen. The latter position helps with balance issues as well, getting the tablet near where your hands are. The curves in the clips could be a little further inwards but the idea is solid. Comes with a lanyard which I haven't tried yet, I am normally in an open baseball field sitting on bleachers when I fly.

Anyhow, I think it's a solid option especially for the price. And I hope it gives someone another product to consider if / when they decide to attach something bigger than a phone.

I've modeled a version I'm enjoing for My Nvidia Shield K1. Does very well and easily adjustable.
IMG_7044.jpg IMG_7045.jpg

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929