DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tablet or Bigger Screen options for Mavic Pro

Weelawser

Reactions
Folks,

As in the thread title, getting back into drones after a while away however finding the phone screen a challenge. Reading old posts on Ipad Mini 4 but tech has moved on since then I guess. Just looking for something functional that won't break the bank and doesn't glitch :rolleyes:
Thanks,

Paul

iPad mini 4 is fine with Go4 and the M1P, it’s what I use.
It fits into the arms, or I have a Lifthor mount if I feel like the few minutes setup . . . easier switching to / from Sports mode, in the arms this is awkward but not a major issue.
The mini 5 is a little brighter, and probably nearly affordable now, same size as the mini 4.

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
Welcome to the forum from the dry lakeless hills of Lake City FL. An irony... I know. If lakes grew here as much as your knowledge will, Lake City would become an ocean. ;)

Welcome again!

Welcome to the forum from NE Oklahoma. AS you can see there are many members here with a wealth of information. They are very helpful. Ask questions and seek help. Looking forward to what you have to offer also. Post pics and videos when you get a chance. We all love to see what others shoot.

Have fun, enjoy and fly safe.

WELCOME BACK.
I have been using iPad mini 5 since it came out. It is perfect for the MP1/MPP. Fits in the arms of the controller, is fast enough to not get a constant processor overload message like mini 2, and
doesn't overheat under stress. It also has the side margins the Mini 6 is lacking which is perfect if you are using it in the controller arms.
Have fun!

My suggestion is the Tripltek tablet. It has been my favorite "surprise" on drone flying and has become my trusted device. I like it because I have several vendors of drones, and it is my universal go-to for the apps. I activated cellular and nice having data with it as well. Screen brightness is insane, battery life is unrivaled. And it is durable.

The company themselves is a small shop trying to punch above their weight class, and their support is well... lacking, but ideally you won't need any support from them. It is after all just a android based tablet.

Let us know what you end up with and how it works for you!

My suggestion is the Tripltek tablet. It has been my favorite "surprise" on drone flying and has become my trusted device. I like it because I have several vendors of drones, and it is my universal go-to for the apps. I activated cellular and nice having data with it as well. Screen brightness is insane, battery life is unrivaled. And it is durable.

The company themselves is a small shop trying to punch above their weight class, and their support is well... lacking, but ideally you won't need any support from them. It is after all just a android based tablet.

Let us know what you end up with and how it works for you!
Never heard of this Tripltek tablet. Very cool! I was checking out their website. Couldn't find the answers I was looking for so thought I'd just ask here regarding their tablets, specifically the Tripletek8:
Does the tablet have a headphone jack?
What kind of charge cable/connection does it use? USB-C?

Have my 8 right here on the desk. USB-C yes, headphone jack, no.

The company is really small shop. They are sourcing tablets from China to spec, branding, custom ROM etc. So if you get one, just be aware, their support is pretty non-existent. That having been said, I admire them for the grind. Probably a good profit margin and markup on these. The value is that it is a large battery, think fly for a few days without charging, and the insanely bright display. Other than that, it is basic Android 10. I activated my sim through T-Mobile and it rocked. Lots of drone enthusiast videos on youtube about it by the way.

Have my 8 right here on the desk. USB-C yes, headphone jack, no.

The company is really small shop. They are sourcing tablets from China to spec, branding, custom ROM etc. So if you get one, just be aware, their support is pretty non-existent. That having been said, I admire them for the grind. Probably a good profit margin and markup on these. The value is that it is a large battery, think fly for a few days without charging, and the insanely bright display. Other than that, it is basic Android 10. I activated my sim through T-Mobile and it rocked. Lots of drone enthusiast videos on youtube about it by the way.
I'm pondering the pros/cons about using it as my primary phone!!!! hahaha. I also have Tmobile, and that battery is a big factor. Not sure if it will fit in my pocket though. :) I assume no bloatware so that is a plus.

It will NOT fit your pocket. Unless you are King Kong. : )

I use it as a line for my drone side gig business.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98