DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tablet, what do I need ?

GhostFox

Reactions
Hi, I’m using the air 2 on my Samsung s7 mobile phone, but would like a larger screen without spending hundreds of pounds .

just not sure what this tablet requires,
I think I understand it has to be 64 bit , but not sure wether it needs internet service or if it does what internet service ?… just wifi or wifi + 3G/4G ?
What about just some kind of monitor, would that work ?

idealy something used/second hand under £100 if possible .

thank you

but not sure wether it needs internet service or if it does what internet service ?… just wifi or wifi + 3G/4G ?

I have been flying with Wi-Fi devices since 2017 and never needed a cell service for flying.

Updates and such can be accomplished with the home Wi-Fi.

If you needed a connection in the field, you could use another device as a Hot Spot if cell service is available.

A lot of pilots fly in the wilderness with no service at all.

There are tablets available that have had good results but not sure which one to suggest.

Here is a list of devices that have worked for other pilots in the past.

Good luck. :)

I bought a refurbished Ipad mini on Amazon with cellular service.
The reason for cellular is because I got into a situation where I needed maps to find my drone and I was out of web range.
The mini is just enough of a screen.

Reactions: MA2 317
I'm sure you're right when you say it has to be 64 bit, but you don't need any internet access to fly, just to install and update the DJI Fly app.

iPad mini 4 looks the best bet, but they are still quite expensive even second hand .

thank you all very much for taking the time to reply, it’s very much appreciated .

ive been going a bit mad in eBay lately, buying controller covers, leg extensions, lanyard, prop guards, etc…. Hahahaha
but you do that when you buy something new I guess lol.

if I find what I think might be a suitable tablet, I’ll post again asking before I jump in and buy it .

speak again soon, and thanks again .

Hi, I’m using the air 2 on my Samsung s7 mobile phone, but would like a larger screen without spending hundreds of pounds .

just not sure what this tablet requires,
I think I understand it has to be 64 bit , but not sure wether it needs internet service or if it does what internet service ?… just wifi or wifi + 3G/4G ?
What about just some kind of monitor, would that work ?

thank you
Many prior posts on subject. Can do a SEARCH in the whole forum or even look to bottom of main page at "Similar Threads" which will do much the same.

I got last year's model Lenovo Smart Tab M10 from PC world. 10 inch. Works great. They let me have it for £100, sealed in the box. Works great, but you may need some shade on a sunny day.

Try to find Huawei MediaPad M5 10 or 8 inch and NOT lite version ( lite verisons do not have compass chip inside). Other option is Huawei MediaPad M3, 10 or 8 Inch, again NOT lite versions, same reason...good luck...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61