DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tablet

I've used Android, but I prefer how much more seamless the iOS experience is. As an Android user, prepare to have to literally go into settings to mess with things, plug things in and power them on in a very specific order, and have occasional app crashes. Something you won't have with the iOS system. I never have to think about it, which is nice.

Reactions: BD0G
I use an Ipad 9.7". My next door neighbour has just bought the latest Samsung tablet. Haven't heard yet how it goes

I use an iPad mini 4 and no issues use with pgytech tablet holder. Tried a samsung galaxy and the image was very laggy.

I have a Samsung Tab a 10.1, got a bracket to mount to the controller. Like Sunny1 said, a bit heavy, but the big screen makes it nice to fly. No complaints

I am using the Samsung Galaxy Tab A ( 10.1 "" diagonal display ) which I previously owned. The controller arms hold the unit firmly without slipping.

Previously used my Samsung S9+ but found the arms holding the phone hid some of the on screen icons. Also tried the Samsung Mini, but found this unit was not compatible.

I have seen suggestions on the IPad Mini, but have not tried it as could not validate the additional cost.

My Samsung tablet works well except that the orientation is off so you will be rotating the unit between viewing the screen and operating the controller ( pics below ). Also has the the advantage in my mind of using the USB connection to the controller and provides large working area for screen viewing and navigation. This saves the awkward wrestling match when using the micro USB connections that are supplied.

I understand that this set up may not appeal to everyone. But, perhaps another option for setting up the drone or camera functions.

Comments welcome !

Tablet 1.jpg

Tablet 2.jpg

If you want to go with an Android Tablet then Huawei has a few great tablets that will work or if you can find an Nvidia Shield Tablet then you also get the benefit of HDMI output to be used with a set of googles for FPV.

That's what I think I'll be doing.
Crashes didn't start right away, only after a few sessions did it not survive through 3 flights.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mavic 3 classic User