DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

TACO-RC Quality problem

grizzard

Reactions
I like the TACO-RC ND Filters for the improvement but after just a few changes .... like 3 at the most the material that secures the filter seems to be breaking up and falling out. I'm pretty sure they will correct the problem but if you've already ordered be sure and watch this area. I have just emailed them so I'll to wait and see if something slipped through the cracks. If I continue to use mine there may be nothing left to hold them on.

TACO-RC Filter.jpg

Reactions: xpower180
Hopefully just a QA slip up but keep us posted. Expecting mine in a few days and will update this post as well.

Mavic - North Bay, CA

Reactions: grizzard
I haven't seen that with my set, so far, so good. I rotate them slightly going on & off. If you feel any resistance back off, they are tiny and the camera delicate. Not easy to do with my mitts :D

Reactions: grizzard
Interested in the outcome as well. I recently received their motor covers (guessing 3D printed) and the interiors are very rough, looks almost like what you are seeing...

A friend has the Taco-RC's as well. He used, an tiny bit of Vasoline on a Q-tip to lightly coat the outside of the camera where the filter will attach to. The filters do appear easier to slide on and off and I guess as long as you are careful not to get anything on the camera lens, you're golden.

I did get a reply back from TacoToy asking me if I can return them? I responded "Yes", so I'm waiting to hear back expecting a RMA # and where to ship. I understand how a small amount of vaseline would work but I'm a little reluctant to put anything like that near the gimbal glass or the filter glass if I can help it.

I have TACO, not MC, but the earlier version that seemed to be working well. However, I just received my FreWell set that I picked up from B&H. The FreeWell fit very nicely, however they are much darker than TACO. An ND64 Taco is NOT as dark as the ND16 Freewell....What's up with that? I'll probably sell my Taco filters b/c I don't need both sets. But it is nice having the TACO UV filter as a lens protector.

Thanks for letting everyone know. I have the taco filters as well and I have changed off the four and eight filters probably 20 times and not noticed any degradation. But good thing to keep an eye out for if it's a quality control issue. The tacos also need to be slid all the way up past the gold ring on the body of the camera. So getting them off does take a little bit of force and that might cause more material to be removed from the inside of the lens.

Yup, exactly on the removal and installation.. Could be the high demand caught them off guard because there seems to be little difference in density of the filters and I get worried when I remove them that I'm damaging the gimbal.

My Tacos have been on and off plenty of times with no issues either. Hope you get taken care of!

I'm concerned. Mine have been off and on ten times and the stuff on the inside is breaking down.

. An ND64 Taco is NOT as dark as the ND16 Freewell....What's up with that?

There are two possible reasons I can think of.

It could be a simple labeling error -- they put the wrong filter into the wrong labeled ring.

Or more likely, there is no standard labeling for neutral density filters between manufacturers. They could label them in terms of factors (it's 32x darker or allows 1/32 the amount of light through). They could label them in terms of stops (it's 5 stops darker or allows 1/(2*2*2*2*2) = 1/32 the amount of light through). Or they could just label them at whim, saying "yeah, we will mark that darkness as 16 because we think 32 sounds dorky."

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000