DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Take off from app spins up fast and shuts off, not from RC

rtr32

Reactions
Need some help folks. After a recent fly app update some weird things are happening.

I usually hand launch by selecting the take off icon on the screen but this time I had to hold on tight because the props spun up super fast then shut off. I received message 'check prop install direction'. The props are installed correctly. I visually verified.

When I put the drone down and started the props from RCN1 by holding the sticks down and to the inside corners they spin up normally awaiting take off. I have not altered props whatsoever.

I selected the icon again when drone was on the ground holding my hand on the drone to prevent immediate take off and it happened again. The props spun up super fast then shut off.

How can this be different? Also running latest firmware and Android device.

I'm considering uninstall and reinstall fly app to see if it corrects the problem.

This is dangerous! Appreciate any feedback before I do more troubleshooting tomorrow.

Bob

It sounds like takeoff using the icon is supposed to put the aircraft into a hover at some low altitude like 2 meters. By holding the aircraft without letting it go airborne causes a shutdown because the IMU senses no movement with the props revved up. The cross control (sticks down and in) start with the controller only arms the motors keeping them at idle speed, and then you use throttle to get airborne.

Reactions: Kilrah
I selected the icon again when drone was on the ground holding my hand on the drone to prevent immediate take off and it happened again.
The above. It's meant to take off immediately when using the app, so stop messing with it.

Reactions: DoomMeister

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143