DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Take the exact same photo/location at different times of day?

richtj99

Reactions
Hi,

I would like to get a few shots of my house with my Mavic Pro. Ideally i would love to find the 'spot', save it, take a photo, land & do a few photos from various parts of the day. I think it would also be cool to do the same at night with all the lights on.

Is there a way to have the Mavic go to the same spot, same gimbal setting, etc?

I am new to this so go easy on me if this is a pretty obvious question.

Thanks,
Rich

Reactions: Ping^Spike
I use Litchi for that, You can set your waypoints, your POI even tell it to take photos or video. You can save it and run it as many times as you like.

I simple way would be to get into position, point the camera down, note what is center, note altitude, then frame.

Wow! That Litchi app looks like its pretty amazing. Can I use that instead of using the DJI Go 4 app? I think I read something about being stuck using the DJI app?

I'm not sure if DJI waypoints have gimbal settings...do they?
You are correct, but Litchi does.

Wow! That Litchi app looks like its pretty amazing. Can I use that instead of using the DJI Go 4 app? I think I read something about being stuck using the DJI app?
Yes you can, but you'll still need to keep Go4 handy, as Litchi does not control all of the Mavic's settings. As for in-flight settings, Litchi does it all. I do find that Litchi has focus issues from time to time.

I simple way would be to get into position, point the camera down, note what is center, note altitude, then frame.

Thats pretty much how I would do it and then use Photoshop to align, grade and resize them to match each other.

Rob

Yeah, but how do you get into exactly same position? Pity POIs do not stay saved...at least not in my case.

Nobody does it as well as Litchi. Here is an example of a job I have setup here in Dayton, OH. The POI is set in the middle of the building at 5m above the ground, each of the points around it are at 30m looking toward POI1, the drone stops for 5 seconds and takes a photo at each location. The mission can be saved and repeated anytime.
Litchi1.jpg

Hi. Do I need a second screen to use litchi?
Nobody does it as well as Litchi. Here is an example of a job I have setup here in Dayton, OH. The POI is set in the middle of the building at 5m above the ground, each of the points around it are at 30m looking toward POI1, the drone stops for 5 seconds and takes a photo at each location. The mission can be saved and repeated anytime.
Litchi1.jpg

Litchi1.jpg

Is it an free application?

Litchi will work. Just make sure to check your focus, white balance, and shutter speed before you shoot.

Litchi1.jpg
I'm wondering if you can set your gimbal pitch while the drone is in the air, so that you know exactly what will be in the picture when you run the mission on subsequent days/weeks/months. Setting the gimbal pitch from home/office on a computer doesn't do much good. I've been using Litchi and I can set the waypoint (altitude, heading) while I'm in the air, but it doesn't seem to let me record the gimbal pitch in addition to the altitude/heading. Thanks!

I'm wondering if you can set your gimbal pitch while the drone is in the air, so that you know exactly what will be in the picture when you run the mission on subsequent days/weeks/months. Setting the gimbal pitch from home/office on a computer doesn't do much good. I've been using Litchi and I can set the waypoint (altitude, heading) while I'm in the air, but it doesn't seem to let me record the gimbal pitch in addition to the altitude/heading. Thanks!
You can do it on the Litchi Mission Hub from your smart phone, save it and try again until you get the desired result. You can also program multiple actions at each waypoint and adjust the camera tilt and take a photo, adjust - take, etch. See below:
1595191377327.png

Litchi1.jpg
It would only be fair to point out that the Actions that you have setup for Waypoint 1 won't work for Waypoints 2 and 3 because of the curved turns. The drone doesn't actually go over the Waypoint, therefore the Actions won't occur. If you don't use Curved Turns, you will be Golden.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR