DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Takin off no fly zone

NjsFinezt

Reactions
Hi im wondering if anyone can tell me what im missing to fly in a authorization zone. I have the zone unlocked already it shows in my unlocked list in the dji app with the drone connected i have them turned on but still cannot take off. Is there anything else i need to do to be able to take off?

New Jersey? If so you have probably been grounded by the Trump TFR.

New Jersey? If so you have probably been grounded by the Trump TFR.

Yea that's actually every other weekend when he is at his golf club but this one is 17 days long unlike every other weekend that its only Friday thru Sunday. Either way the authorization has been granted already so i dont understand why i cant take off. I have had the same issue all the other times and i cant figure it out.

Are you in one of the zones right then? Make sure to ONLY enable the one you're in, when you're in.
When a zone restriction bypass is enabled you become allowed to fly in it, but the entire rest of the world becomes an NFZ. Enabling both probably

Very weird, but that's how it is... it's mentioned in the documentation you received from DJI too.

Are you in one of the zones right then? Make sure to ONLY enable the one you're in, when you're in.
When a zone restriction bypass is enabled you become allowed to fly in it, but the entire rest of the world becomes an NFZ. Enabling both probably

Very weird, but that's how it is... it's mentioned in the documentation you received from DJI too.

Yes i disabled the other zone and left the zone i am in enabled. Then i hit synchronize information now the other one disappeared and i have only the area im in enabled. I still cannot take off

It is obviously the trump tfr but why did i get a valid status and i cant take off

Attachments

• IMG_2662.PNG
    IMG_2662.PNG
    56.6 KB · Views: 233
Will it even let u start the motors?! Mine said CANNOT TAKE OFF but it still allowed me to start the rotors.

Im in the same boat as you buddy. Unlocked the zones. Still cant fly

View attachment 19086

For real I wanted to take off too but since trump is at his summer house can not take off now.
39f9ad9a971a418daaa4eef866879cd4.jpg

Will it even let u start the motors?! Mine said CANNOT TAKE OFF but it still allowed me to start the rotors.

I got the motors to start one time but u have to do it immediately after you turn on the mavic and even like that it will only work for about 10 seconds before it force lands because it says you are in a no fly zone

I got the motors to start one time but u have to do it immediately after you turn on the mavic and even like that it will only work for about 10 seconds before it force lands because it says you are in a no fly zone

This whole thing about NFZs is ridiculous, IMHO. I can understand why DJI would want to limit the ability to fly around airports, military installations, etc for liability purposes. But if I want to fly up 30' above my house and take some video/pictures then I feel I should be able to.

Reactions: Mxs and Mavman
I been trying to help my cousin with this for over a week now, spent hours last night trying anything and everything. He has a Mavic pro and has been locked out since last week. My brother and I have P3A's and are able to fly without a problem. I'm guessing since the option to turn off the Geo system is not available in the Go4 app theres nothing left to try?

Hope this helps
Thanks for trying but we've done all that. Nothing comes up in the app. We've done it through the flight planner and its accepted and listed in the app afterwards but still will not allow it to take off

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters