DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Taking a chance on a hard case

Tufargon

Reactions
Last edited:
Reactions: MA2 317
I found this on Amazon and I'm taking a chance since most hard cases are about twice the price. There's no reviews or anything. Guess I'll be the first. Just thought I'd post a link if anyone else may need one. I have zero affiliation.
Looks like it may not be too bad for the price, I like that it's only 4" thick, most others are much thicker. Report back on how you like it, I'm over the flymore bag.

Reactions: Tufargon
I found this on Amazon and I'm taking a chance since most hard cases are about twice the price. There's no reviews or anything. Guess I'll be the first. Just thought I'd post a link if anyone else may need one. I have zero affiliation.
It will probably be OK. I bought a Nanuk case for my Air 2, and I have a GPC case for my Mavic 2 Pro. Both were a lot more than that, and I think both were overpriced really for what you are actually getting, but then again, we drone pilots are sort of a captive audience.

One area where they could easily cost save would be the quality of the foam. Low quality foam will dry out and begin turning to powder eventually. This could be very hazardous for the copter's motors and gimbal servos. Just keep a close eye on that, and if needed, an occasional vacuuming out would be warranted..Thumbswayup

Yeah, I instantly didn't like the fly more combo bag. Coming from an Autel XSP it just didn't protect my investment. I take extreme care of my stuff so even if this is not good my MA2 will still be safe till I purchase something better.I will report back!
Looks like it may not be too bad for the price, I like that it's only 4" thick, most others are much thicker. Report back on how you like it, I'm over the flymore bag.

It will probably be OK. I bought a Nanuk case for my Air 2, and I have a GPC case for my Mavic 2 Pro. Both were a lot more than that, and I think both were overpriced really for what you are actually getting, but then again, we drone pilots are sort of a captive audience.

One area where they could easily cost save would be the quality of the foam. Low quality foam will dry out and begin turning to powder eventually. This could be very hazardous for the copter's motors and gimbal servos. Just keep a close eye on that, and if needed, an occasional vacuuming out would be warranted..Thumbswayup
I'll watch that for sure. The Nanuk 915 was my first choice and if this don't work that's likely what I'll get.

I'm in the market for a hard case too, so I'll await your thoughts on this. Definitely a more attractive price than the Nanuk, which is what I've been considering.

Reactions: Tufargon
I'm in the market for a hard case too, so I'll await your thoughts on this. Definitely a more attractive price than the Nanuk, which is what I've been considering.
When I purchased it yesterday there were 9 left. I see there's only 2 left now. Mine should arrive on monday. I'll come give my thoughts on it as soon as I get it.

You got one? If so I guess whoever it is will be getting a few reviews soon.

Last edited:
Nice. You must have prime. Free returns was a big thing on me taking a chance.

200 bux? That's why I created this thread. To say I might have found something affordable for someone on a budget that already spent a grand on the drone and will do a good job to protect it.

Just got mine today. Is it the best case, no. Is it nice for $30.00 heck yeah. The quad is a slight bit loose and the remote is a little tight. Again for $30 well worth it.

is it the most rugged case, no. If you need that look elsewhere. If you want something where it is protected in the trunk or back of the truck from other items. Then it is good.

I really like the smaller form factor so to is not like I am carrying a tool chest.

Just got mine today. Is it the best case, no. Is it nice for $30.00 heck yeah. The quad is a slight bit loose and the remote is a little tight. Again for $30 well worth it.

is it the most rugged case, no. If you need that look elsewhere. If you want something where it is protected in the trunk or back of the truck from other items. Then it is good.

I really like the smaller form factor so to is not like I am carrying a tool chest.
So I take it you'll be keeping it?
I'll be getting mine monday hopefully.
Thanks for the update!

Dude go to harbour freight i picked this up for 24 bucks with a 20% off coupon....it rocks! Looks and feels just like my nanuk for my m2pro....why did i spend that much money again???? No more

Attachments

• 20200828_232238.jpg
    20200828_232238.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 35
  • 20200828_232001.jpg
    20200828_232001.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 36
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members