DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Taking day off from work to receive Mavic

Raptorman

Reactions
With all the threads and hundreds of posts about shipping etc there's obviously a lot of people anxiously awaiting there new toy. So, how many of you are planning to take a day off from work on the day your Mavic is due to arrive?

Brian

Luckily I'm already off tomorrow. Just me and some alone time with Mavic.

I was planning to but it arrived a day early, so I took an extremely long lunch!

What ever day it arrive, I'm feeling sick already for the next day

Reactions: Raptorman
Haven't ordered one yet but I will taking a day off when they hit stores. Hopefully that day comes sooner rather than later.

I can't get time off work that hasn't been scheduled way ahead of time. I sure would like to call in sick but I can't do that with a clear conscience anymore. It causes too much trouble being short staffed at work.

Reactions: MikeMaviPro
I would take the day off but I am retired. :):)

Reactions: Guitarzan
I have no idea when my Mavic will come, after ordering on October 23 from DJI, but am hoping they stick to "within November." Work will be really busy until the 15th or so, and with any luck it'll come just after things calm down at the office. It could be like the best reward ever if that happens.

Just after a major busy period ends is basically the perfect time for a day off anyway.

No thanks. I try to make a habit of not spending personal time off on things that cost me money AND are for personal pleasure.

The way I see it that would increase the cost of the Mavic by quite a bit, I can wait till a day off on the weekend.

Not me, I have it shipped to work.

I have mine coming to work as well. My office happens to be across the street from an airport, so no flying here (except indoors). I might knock early so I can get a flight in at home while there is still some daylight.

I have mine coming to work as well. My office happens to be across the street from an airport, so no flying here (except indoors). I might knock early so I can get a flight in at home while there is still some daylight.

Just be careful indoors, I started my mavic indoors hoping it would just hover in place but it flew straight into the wall without any input besides the take off button

Just be careful indoors, I started my mavic indoors hoping it would just hover in place but it flew straight into the wall without any input besides the take off button

Did you calibrate the IMU first? Did you check the mod values for the compass etc first? Do you subscribe to Casey Neistat?

Brian

Did you calibrate the IMU first? Did you check the mod values for the compass etc first? Do you subscribe to Casey Neistat?

Brian

Lol... I did the compass calibration but not the IMU, it said it was calibrated from the factory ... after the crash I had to calibrate it again but too scared to try flying indoors again ...

Lol... I did the compass calibration but not the IMU, it said it was calibrated from the factory ... after the crash I had to calibrate it again but too scared to try flying indoors again ...

Where did you calibrate the compass? Did you do so indoors?

Brian

Yep.. is that a no no?

Yeah, pretty much. You want to do this outside and away from power lines or metal objects that could mess up the calibration -- there is just too much electrical noise inside. There is also a display that gives you an idea about the quality of the calibration including IMU and compass.

The DJI manual indicates that you should do a compass calibration anytime you move to another location, but there is good reason to avoid doing compass calibrations unless needed. You should do it when you get it of course and anytime you do a firmware update and anytime the mod value is outside the 1400-1600 range.

The bottom line is a bad calibration can cause some unpredictable flight responses and you don't want that.

So, before flying for the first time you should do an IMU calibration and do that on as level a surface as possible and don't walk around while it's calibrating. You should also do a gimbal calibration and it's best to also do that on a level surface. Finally, when you're ready to fly do a compass calibration, outside, and away from anything that could mess up the calibration.

Brian

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada