DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Taking mavic air 2 to India from USA

amithgani

Reactions
Hello Everyone,
I am new to this forums.
I am planning to buy Mavic air 2, I am currently living in USA.
I need to travel to India next month, Can I carry Mavic air 2 with me?
I know a lot of people who carried Mavic mini with them, Mavic air 2 is over 250 grams and I don't know anyone who has carried it while travelling to India.

PS: I am an Indian citizen

Thanks,
Amith

Not sure if it worth the risk, it could be confiscated
The importation appears to be the issue

There are a ton of regulation in India. However since you are an Indian resident, you can take it. But you need to have a license and local permissions to fly. Do you research very well, or you may end up losing it at customs.

Reactions: Thomas B
Hello Amith
I have the same query, can you please tell me about your experience with the situation. I am planning to fly on 15 December back to India.

i am in same situation. i am temporary resident in canada and i purchased mavic air 2. is there any legal way to carry drone to india to fly and bring back.
i am planning to take risk on jan1st 2020- air canada

looks like whoever travelled with the drone are also confiscated with their drones by customs. haha. can someone tell a story here, who was able to bring the drone to india ?

Hello guys.

I am a green card holder, living in USA. I am travelling to India on a vacation and planning to carry my personal drone (Mavic Air 2) to India. Am I allowed to carry drone without registering it on the Digitalsky portal? Are green card holders treated as foreigners which require them to register the drone even though they carry Indian passport?

Hello guys.

I am a green card holder, living in USA. I am travelling to India on a vacation and planning to carry my personal drone (Mavic Air 2) to India. Am I allowed to carry drone without registering it on the Digitalsky portal? Are green card holders treated as foreigners which require them to register the drone even though they carry Indian passport?
You definitely need to reach out to the India authorities on this. India has relaxed the rules, but are still very strict. You should go directly to the source for this.

Hey Guys,
I can see how old this thread is.
I’m just wondering how your experience was trying to get them in.
I’ll be a tourist, I technically don’t even really want to use the drone in india but I’m travelling on to SE Asia ect where I will so im wondering if anyone knows what I have to do and who I have to contact etc.
I’ve a mavic air 2 although reading all this is making think I need a mini 3

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore