DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Taking MM to the US

DirtyCache

Reactions
Hi all

Just wondering the risk of taking my MM with Fly More kit to the US. Specifically, about getting it through security (both UK and US sides) without getting it confiscated.

Has anyone done it successfully, and where did you stow the drone and the spare batteries? Getting conflicting info about only one spare battery in the cabin bag, and max of one in your hold luggage, some say all in your cabin bag etc.

And has anyone had their drone refused being put through security for whatever reason?

Many thanks

DC

My son took his new MM from Boston to Los Angeles w/no issues. Packed into his backpack as carry-on (vs in his checked bag), which is the correct method.

U.S. will not be a problem. Batteries should be drained to 50% or less and must be in carry-on. Info is on the TSA website, recommend carrying a copy in case you encounter a newbie agent.
Don’t know U.K regs well, but others will chime in.

Here in UK, the MM will be no problem. I had recently had our Christmas holiday in Finland, no problems. Put it all in the case (fly more combo) and placed it in your carry on bag. No fuss about the security at Heathrow Airport and Rovaniemi Airport.

No problems traveling back and forth from US to Norway and back, UK and back, and Ireland and back. Mavic Air in carry on with batteries at 50%.

Only concern are the LiPo batteries. Never carry any LiPo battery in checked luggage.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929