DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Taking my Mavic to the Caribean and BVI

janlvandoorn

Reactions
Hi all, i'll be taking my Mavic Pro to the Caribean (St. Maarten and other islands) and the british virgin islands. Does anybody know what the local rules are and what i should do before taking my drone there. (preparations etc..)

Thank you.

Hi all, i'll be taking my Mavic Pro to the Caribean (St. Maarten and other islands) and the british virgin islands. Does anybody know what the local rules are and what i should do before taking my drone there. (preparations etc..)

Thank you.
Yes I was recently in St Maarten. There are no rules. Other than don't fly close to the airport.
No hassles at the airports, I carry my Mavic with the extra batteries and all the accessories that fit into the Mavic fly more bag. Which I put into my carry on.
In fact one day I was over 500 feet, since I didn't get any warnings I didn't realize how high it was, because I was absorbed in the beautiful video. I did bring it to 400 feet after realizing how high it was.
I also was able to get much better distance, since there is apparently less interference.
With the clear blue water and all different boats and beaches. Plus the sun is bright most of the time helping to create beautiful scenic shots.
You are in for a treat, enjoy.

Yes I was recently in St Maarten. There are no rules. Other than don't fly close to the airport.
No hassles at the airports, I carry my Mavic with the extra batteries and all the accessories that fit into the Mavic fly more bag. Which I put into my carry on.
In fact one day I was over 500 feet, since I didn't get any warnings I didn't realize how high it was, because I was absorbed in the beautiful video. I did bring it to 400 feet after realizing how high it was.
I also was able to get much better distance, since there is apparently less interference.
With the clear blue water and all different boats and beaches. Plus the sun is bright most of the time helping to create beautiful scenic shots.
You are in for a treat, enjoy.
Thanks for the answer.

Reactions: nealh and Dann
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots