DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tale of the M2P case- Ya gotta love Amazon

vindibona1

Reactions
Democratic Peoples Republic of Crook County
In another thread we were discussing whether M2P props should be left on or taken off between flight sessions. Obviously one's case comes into play to some extent. One of the members suggested this case which I'd already ordered and was delivered this morning. Dracckit case for M2P

Unfortunately my M2P did not fit. The width at the rotors was off by almost 3/4" with the props on and about half that with the props off. I checked the labels on the box and it was indeed supported to be for the M2P. But then I thought, "This case is probably meant for another model and maybe I should let Amazon know so they can spare the next M2P owners from having the same disapointment?"

The thing is, that I wouldn't know what to replace it with as this one just fits in my backpack so I can carry other gear. So I called Amazon to discuss the issue and in the course of the conversation with Amazon discussing a replacement I mentioned that it *could* be modified. He put me on hold, and came back a few minutes later and said that he was issuing a "promotional credit". I don't want to reveal the amount, but let's just say I decided to keep the case an modify it. They would have accepted a return where I wouldn't even have to rebox it- just take it to UPS with the return code. But they offered me a deal I couldn't refuse. Ya gotta love Amazon.

It was simple enough to carve out the extra cut-out space needed, though not as clean as a properly cut case would have been. But it works and while there are better, sturdier cases out there this one will do just fine, at least for now. It even has room in the lid for my Vindibox! I

Here are photos of before and after...
M2PCase.jpgDacckitcase_discrepancy.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike