DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Talk me out of Mavic 2 Pro

charliesRig

Reactions
When my Mavic pro 1 is well tuned and only limitation is in Flight time and Sensor size
...cR

Believe me I've wanted to buy one too. So here's my observations

Mavic 2 vs M1P

-Side, up, and forward sensors.
Turned off (except for down sensors) as soon as im in settings, FAIL

-Mavic 2 is faster.
M1P is lighter and faster (thru prams) so Speed/agility, FAIL

-Flight Time of 31 mins.
If you have a MPP then your gaining a whole 1 minute flight time..
If you have a M1P, put some MAS props on it and Tada, about the same. FAIL

-Mavic 2 Camera is better
-Literally same sensor with Zoom ability. Hardware/Software improves image slightly
so that a PASS

-Mavic 2 PRO Camera is better
If your Literally adjusting your camera ISO, aperture, etc, every moment to get image improves.
(A photography noob wont notice the diff unless in low light)
Better than M1P? sure PASS.

*Irrelevant to OP's question but, but Better option than a Mavic 2 Zoom? FAIL

Finally, probably the most important issue (especially with PRO)
Replacability
M1P - $700 (Less for refurbs/ex-demos) PASS
MPP - $900 (Less for refurbs/ex-demos) OUCH
M2Z - $1200 (No refurbs/ex-demos) FU..OUCH
M2P - $1600 (No refurbs/ex-demos) FAIL

Reactions: charliesRig
Dang..
image-png.70096

I'm not supposed to, but I luv me some swine.
It's also forbidden (sorta), but I like 'makin bacon' aswell :)

This is very minor but I don't like the close proximity of the return to home and land immediately buttons. Further apart and perhaps red for land immediately. Only made the mistake once and had time to recover.

This is very minor but I don't like the close proximity of the return to home and land immediately buttons. Further apart and perhaps red for land immediately. Only made the mistake once and had time to recover.

....and for that, i'm getting to know the button on the controller for basic rth use.

oh sorry, i misread the thread. i thought m2p vs. m2z. clearly any m2 over m1.

When my Mavic pro 1 is well tuned and only limitation is in Flight time and Sensor size
...cR

Been flying my Mavic 2 Pro for about 7 months now. Love the larger sensor for grabbing more light during golden hour. The long flight time is great too. Solid bird.

Oh! Sorry! You said talk me OUT of it. Oops! ? ;)

Thank you for the feedback...
And please for Gosh sake don't tell me were I should purchase a Mavic 2 pro without the Fly-more package
....cR

If you can manage an educational discount then go straight to DJI. Oh and buy both Zoom and Pro!!!

If you can manage an educational discount then go straight to DJI. Oh and buy both Zoom and Pro!!!

Actually the worst prices and shipping on the net are from DJI. For a Fact.
Educational discount? If you say you have a triple digit IQ, do they give you
%5 off.
Or do you mean, your buying 20 for your class of science kids and they give you %5 off

%5 off.
Or do you mean, your buying 20 for your class of science kids and they give you %5 off

My step brother who teaches drone classes was able to get mine at cost directly from DJI, fwiw.

%5 off.
If you are a student or teacher with a .edu email address you get two 10% discount tickets through DJIs educational discount program. Each discount ticket can only be used on a single item, not an entire cart full of items. That's what I used to purchase my M2P with RE goggles and my fly more kit.

Oh, and shipping directly from DJI was free.

Is there a philosophers discount?
I have the stone to prove it

Reactions: Chip and PAW
If you are a student or teacher with a .edu email address you get two 10% discount tickets through DJIs educational discount program. Each discount ticket can only be used on a single item, not an entire cart full of items. That's what I used to purchase my M2P with RE goggles and my fly more kit.

Oh, and shipping directly from DJI was free.

You can apply a 10% educational discount code to multiple items in an order. Just did it yesterday. I ordered from DJI a M2P, Smart Controller, Care Refresh+ and Ronin-S Essentials gimbal. I selected one of my two available 10% codes during checkout. I received the 10% discount on all items in my order except for the Smart Controller which is not yet eligible for the education discount.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143