DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Tallahassee visit with Zeusfl

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
After reading numerous posts on the Mavic Pilots (Drone) Forum by Zeusfl, who seemed to be brilliant with drones and video, I contacted him and before long we were making arrangements to fly drones together. I flew from Miami up to Tallahassee, a 1:15 hour flight, and the capitol of the State of Florida. We enjoyed a great week-end of camaraderie and mutual interests and love of flying drones and everything photography, including video editing.

After arrival, we immediately went to the amazing wetlands of Lake Lafayette and Piney Z Lake, where there were swamps, wetlands, and cypress trees grow out of the water, and alligators swimming.

The day was capped by a great Mexican dinner with his family and lots of margaritas.

We spent the full second day at the computers. Here is the result;

Here is a 5:45 minute video photographed with the following;
Still images. Nikon D750, 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6 lens
Time-lapse sequences: Nikon D750 and Really Right Stuff tripod
Motion lapse sequences (2) DJI Osmo OM4
Gimbal-DJI OM4 and Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max
DJI Mavic 2 Pro
drone
DJI Mavic 3 drone
Images and videos:
Adobe Photoshop CC 2022
Adobe Premiere Pro video editing
Adobe Lightroom LRC for timelapse
Even though this is listed under Mavic 2 Pro, the swamp sequences are with me flying his M3!

Amazing video @Dale D. I really enjoy that weekend learning a lot from you. We became friends thanks to this forum sharing the same interests. We need to do the same in Miami.

I want to share the timelapse that I created from your pictures in 8K version.

It is so nice to hear that you guys were able to get together and fly, Another great reason I appreciate this forum so much.
Yeah! I think it was great to be able to do that. We have some of the greatest people on this forum, and they are all so friendly and willing to share their knowledge. This was like a mini workshop and we both taught each other the stuff we know the best.

👍👍&👍

It is so nice to hear that you guys were able to get together and fly, Another great reason I appreciate this forum so much.
I just wanted to clarify that the sunset timelapse at the end of this film was done by me with a Nikon D750 on a tripod. My film was 4K but ZeusFl's was an amazing 8K using my RAW files (Nikon calls them DNG, or digital negative). Zeusfl has a super powerful computer. I could never imagine getting my compute to do 8K.

Dale

Amazing video @Dale D. I really enjoy that weekend learning a lot from you. We became friends thanks to this forum sharing the same interests. We need to do the same in Miami.

Is that a Mini that ripples the water a the lower left at 0:30?

Youtube defaulted to 1080p when I first viewed this. When I read Dale's comment about it being rendered in 8k, I watched it again and was even more impressed.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Is that a Mini that ripples the water a the lower left at 0:30?

Youtube defaulted to 1080p when I first viewed this. When I read Dale's comment about it being rendered in 8k, I watched it again and was even more impressed.
You'll have to ask Zeusfl about which drone caused the wave ripple. Zeusfl allowed me to use his M3 the entire time! (How many of you out there would do that for a new friend???). While I was doing the time lapse and all of my flying with the M3, Zeusfl was flying his various drones around. He has an entire stable of them. Could be the Air 2 S. I don't recall seeing him fly a Mini.
Zeusfl's computer is a monster. he is a computer genius, and works on huge servers for the State of Florida Department of Health. He processed one of my sunset timelapses of 999 images so fast, my head spun. I brought along my MacBook Pro and it was a turtle compared to his huge PC.

Dale

• Love
Reactions: DoomMeister
Great comments Dale and full marks to going the bit extra to fly with somebody else.
As usual you've got some really nice benchmark stuff in there and always present some of the shots differently. Maybe I should adopt an 'as usual comment for your posts 🤣
Looking forwards to what you two get up to next.

Soooo Dale...
After operating Zeus' M3, have you decided to add one to your inventory?

Beautiful!!!!

To answer the question. The other drone was a Mavic Air 2S. The 8K timelaps was taken with Dale's pictures from how Nikon Raw camera pictures processed in LRTimelaps 6.0 Pro, Adobe Light Room Classic 11.2 (2022) and Adobe Premiere Pro 2022 (V.22) .Mov AppleRes 4.2.2

My computer setup is:

AMD Ryzen 9 5950X (16 cores CPU)
ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
128GB DDR4 3600Hz RGB FURY HyperX
Nvidia ASUS TUF RTX GeForce 3070 Ti
C:\ Samsung NVMe 980 Pro 1TB PCIe 4.0
D:\ Samsung NVMe 980 Pro 2TB PCIe 4.0
E:\ 4 Samsung SSD 1TB RAID 0 storage spaces enable
Intel AX210 WiFi 6E + Bluetooth 5.0
Corsair Icue H150i Elite Capellix CPU Water cooler + Radiator
Corsair HX 1200W Power Supply
Corsair Icue 465X RGB Mid-Tower ATX Case