DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tangled in a Tree

maintenanceguy

Reactions
I just took over the coordination of the graveyard for our church. We have a map dating from 1811. In the last 210 years, a lot of changes have been made to the map as plots were sold and the deceased have been buried. I thought it would be convenient to have a video of each row in the graveyard so that I could review headstones at home and make any corrections to the map.

I was flying the drone row by row when I struck a small branch of a big buttonwood tree that might be as old as the graveyard. The branch was just small enough that I didn't see it from where I was standing.

The drone was tangled with the props still spinning and the drone dangling from one leg. I expected it to either become permanently stuck or to fall to the ground. After a couple of seconds and started it's fall. But it immediately flipped right-side-up and began to hover in place. Impressive ninja skills.

No damage.

Last edited:
Yeah, same happended with my Mini 2. Hit the top of the tree, drone flipped over and immediately stabilized and cotinued to hover.

The processing power and reaction speed of this thing is out of this world.

Congratulations!

Have hit many limbs with my Air2 and it righted itself and kept on flying. Have seen others not so lucky. A buddy was flying and the drone seemed to go out of control - possible loss of GPS - and it hit high up in a tree. Too many limbs and such, so it bounced around the tree as it fell into a pool of water below. Drone was in bad shape - but it was recovered.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura